Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 FW:865 Video app does not sees network devices

profile.country.GB.title
Henrik82
Explorer

XD9305 FW:865 Video app does not sees network devices

Hi all,

I wonder if this issue exist only by me:

Sony's video app does not recognizes the network device but all other apps do and. Sometimes it happens that after i unplug the TV from power, it sees it until it does not goes to sleep. But thats the end of the world. It cannot wake it up srom "sleep" or even if I or the other apps turns my NAS on and working on it, the factory def. Video app just won't see it.

This is notrelated to this practicular FW, this is since the beginning. But after 6 month, i want to listen to DD, DTS and all other sounds which is possible only by Sony's video app, if it would recognize the network devices

What i did:

- updated to the latest FW: 865

- made factory reset on the TV

- tried all possible connections: cable, 2,4Ghz & 5Ghz WLAN

Result: nothing. Sony's video app won't see it but all other apps and other devices can access the NAS and other devices.

Thanks for the advices & hints,

Henrik

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

You are aware that the Video app only supports DLNA/UPnP?

profile.country.GB.title
Henrik82
Explorer

Hi Kuschelmonster,

Yes, i am. I do have a Synology DS115j NAS. It has the latest DSM and MediaServer installed.

I do have to add some notes:

As i had some issues adter updateing to FW:865, i did a factory reset on the TV. Since that:

- Video app can see my NAS, also able to browse it, but:

- only SD quality videos can be played

- after exiting the movie, everything disappears from the folder, from wher i started the movie. Even the one, i watched. They are back, after I go back to the root of the directory structure. After this, i can browse between all the movies. But if i try to start a better quality FHD, UHD demos, i got the message "canno render movie" (the exact message can be a bit different, but the time am in front of the TV I can note it)

BUT:
From USB i can watch them without any problem (not the desired function....)

None of the other apps do have this kind of issue

This behavior changes with FW updates. With the FW befor, Video app was not able to access the NAS after it went to sleep.

I do have everywhere the latest SW or FW. Also did a factory reset and my NAS supports DLNA/UPNP

cheers,

Henrik