What is PlayStation®Now?

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator
Administrator
10,754  Views

Author: Sony Europe

PSNow.png

Did you know you can enjoy blockbuster and critically acclaimed PlayStation®3 (PS3®) games without a console with PlayStation®Now (PS Now)? Sound good? Let us tell you a bit more about it.

What is PS Now?
PS Now is a game streaming service that leverages cloud-based technology, allowing users to play a wide range of full PS3 games on compatible devices over the internet, without the need for a console. Games are streamed so you don’t need to wait for downloads and you can get started right away with over 200 titles on offer to rent, and 100 titles available as part of the subscription option. Your games are saved to the cloud so you won’t have to worry about losing that hard earned save.

You can pick up your games where you left off on any of your PS Now compatible devices so you will not lose your game progress wherever you are. The same goes for any trophies that you earn during your subscription or rental period - these will also be saved to the cloud.

I like the sound of that. What do I need to start playing?
All you need is a compatible device, an Internet connection (minimum 5mbps recommended), an accepted payment method and a Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK®4 or DUALSHOCK®3). Then it’s as easy as signing up with your Sony Entertainment Network account and subscribing or choosing which individual game you’d like to rent. There’s no waiting for downloads, updates or installs.

If you choose to subscribe, for just £12.99 a month you’ll have access to an incredible range of PS3 games to enjoy. You also have the choice of renting a game for 2 days or 30 days. You can play your rentals as much as you like during the rental period. You have up to 30 days to start playing and your rental period does not start until you start playing.

Can I play with my friends?
There’s nothing better than playing for bragging rights against an opponent in the same room or online, and with PS Now we have both covered. With multiple controllers you can play with your friends or go online for co-op or versus mode.

What devices are compatible?
The great thing about PS Now is you don’t need to find space for the console and you may already have a compatible device.

The compatible Sony and Sony Computer Entertainment products are:

- BRAVIA TV 2015 Series: X94C, X93C, X90C, X85C, X83C, S85C, W85C, W80C, W75C, W70C
- BRAVIA TV 2014 Series: X95B, X9B, S90B, X85B, W95B, W85B, W8B, W7B, W6B and W585B.
- 2015 BluRay players: BDP-S6500, BDP-S5500, BDP-S4500, BDP-S3500
- PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
- PlayStation TV

SUK_HES_PlaystationPromo_bray_S3_mobile.jpg

So what games can I play?
We have over 200 games from SCE Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS) and the industry’s best software developers and publishers available to rent, and 100 available as part of the subscription option and are working hard to add as many games as possible. As of now you can play the greats such as The Last Of Us (SCE WWS), The Walking Dead Seasons 1 and Killzone 3 (SCE WWS) (all available for rental and subscription), Resident Evil 4 (Capcom) and Resident Evil 5 (Capcom) (rental only) and many more.

psnow2.png

So whether you currently own a PlayStation console system and would like the option to try before you buy, play a game for a limited time or you don’t have access to a PlayStation system but would like to enjoy the PS3 catalogue straight from your BRAVIA TV or Blu-ray Disc player, look no further than PS Now.

-------
For a limited time only we’re offering you the chance to win a Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK 4) and 6 free PS Now game rentals when buying select Blu-ray Disc players, including our new BDP-S6500.

BDP-S5500_hero01-Large.jpg

For more info and to start your free PS Now 7 day trial click here.

3 Comments