Join now - be part of our community!

transfer issues

SOLVED
artebig
Visitor

transfer issues

Hi,

I bought new xz and try to transsfer data from my old z3, after ncf transfer I have notice half of my contacts are missing and photos ,videos from sd card hasnt transfered to my new phone . Please can you help me transfer photos and videos from sd card ,and all contacts. 

When I have bought Z3 ,I remember it was fairly easy to transfer all data from samsung to sony ,I cant understand why its sso complicated from sony to sony.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Didrik
Enthusiast

Hi @artebig,

Congratulations on your new Xperia XZ!

I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to transfer all of your data from your old phone.

Data from your SD-card will not be transferred using any of our apps or functions. In order to have the data from your SD-card available in your new phone you will have to move the card from your old to your new phone. Have a look at the link below to see how an SD-card is mounted in an Xperia XZ. Slightly_smiling_Face

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz/userguide/Assembly/

Regarding transferring your contacts, first of all I would recommend that you make sure that your contacts aren't filtered. Follow the steps below to check this.

1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Contacts.
  3. Tap the menu button (three vertical dots), then tap Filter.
  4. Unmark the Contacts with phone numbers or Online contacts checkboxes.
  5. Under Display contacts, select each contact service or account whose contacts you want to display. For example, select Google and mark the all checkboxes under Google if you want to view all your Google contacts in the Contacts app.

If the above doesn't help I would like to know how you performed the transfer from your old phone. Did you use our app Xperia Transfer Mobile or was this a step in the startup guide? 

If you have a computer available, try making a backup in Xperia Transfer of only your contacts (for your Xperia Z3) using our program Xperia Companion which is available for both Windows and Mac. After you've made a backup, try transferring this to your Xperia XZ using the feature Xperia Transfer found on the main menu in Xperia Companion.

Keep me updated!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Didrik
Enthusiast

Hi @artebig,

Congratulations on your new Xperia XZ!

I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to transfer all of your data from your old phone.

Data from your SD-card will not be transferred using any of our apps or functions. In order to have the data from your SD-card available in your new phone you will have to move the card from your old to your new phone. Have a look at the link below to see how an SD-card is mounted in an Xperia XZ. Slightly_smiling_Face

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz/userguide/Assembly/

Regarding transferring your contacts, first of all I would recommend that you make sure that your contacts aren't filtered. Follow the steps below to check this.

1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Contacts.
  3. Tap the menu button (three vertical dots), then tap Filter.
  4. Unmark the Contacts with phone numbers or Online contacts checkboxes.
  5. Under Display contacts, select each contact service or account whose contacts you want to display. For example, select Google and mark the all checkboxes under Google if you want to view all your Google contacts in the Contacts app.

If the above doesn't help I would like to know how you performed the transfer from your old phone. Did you use our app Xperia Transfer Mobile or was this a step in the startup guide? 

If you have a computer available, try making a backup in Xperia Transfer of only your contacts (for your Xperia Z3) using our program Xperia Companion which is available for both Windows and Mac. After you've made a backup, try transferring this to your Xperia XZ using the feature Xperia Transfer found on the main menu in Xperia Companion.

Keep me updated!

artebig
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for fast response .

I will transfer my media files from sd card manualy ,I have try to transfer my contacts again trough nfc via experia transfer app and it worked ,I have all contacts in my new phone, only I need to create again new lists of favourites and groups.

Thank you for your help.

Didrik
Enthusiast

No worries Slightly_smiling_Face

Glad to hear you were able to get your phone up and running! Let me know if you have any further questions.