Join now - be part of our community!

unlock bug

mtmtppp
Visitor

unlock bug

When I entered wrong passwoed after restarting my phone, the following message appeared. (I remember my correct password but I just missed typing)

So, I intended to enter "SONY" but I was not able to enter the word because only numeric keyboard was available.

What shoul I do to use normal keyboard?

Unlock Failed

You have entered an incorrect password, PIN or pattern 5 times. You have five more attemps before device will be factory reset.

To safely continue please Enter the following : SONY

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@mtmtppp 

unless that's a new feature on the XZ3 that I'm not familiar with, that's probably a third party acting up, what if you boot in >>> safe mode to disable all third party apps.

mtmtppp
Visitor

Thank you, uliwooly. I have already tried safe mode, however, I was not able to solve this problem.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@mtmtppp 

Does that mean that you get the same notification even in Safe mode? could you provide an image/picture ?

mtmtppp
Visitor

Yes, the message to enter SONY is shown even if safe mode.

I took a photo the message.

Screenshot_20181019-150934.png

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@mtmtppp 

That's interesting, what if you long press the numbers, in this case long press 7 so maybe an S will be available 7 6 6 9 (S O N Y)

Darksteel165
Visitor

I don't see the picture you attached but you can try using a usb c to usb a adaptor and plugging a wireless keyboard into it. 

I have a cheap Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse combo I do that with and it works on all my android phones. 

mtmtppp
Visitor

I tried the long press but did not enter any words.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi @mtmtppp 

This is an example how you can type with a computer keyboard.

In this case it is a mouse.

A keyboard will function as well.

PS

A card reader of this type is a good investment.

mtmtppp
Visitor

Thank you, Darksteel165.

This time, I used Xperia Companion to reset my device.

Next time, I will try the method you advised.