Join now - be part of our community!

How do you channel sort on the KD49X8305C?

profile.country.GB.title
MiguelMN

How do you channel sort on the KD49X8305C?

Hello,

I just received my KD49X8305C and it's great! Though, after adding Freeview channels I could not figure out how to sort the channels. I have an old KD32EXxxx (don't remember the full model number) and I've been able to delete channels I did not want, and then organise the channels in the order I like (for example BBC3 moved right after BBC2, BBC4 after BBC3, etc). I was not able to figure out how to do this on my new TV. I did find 'digital programme edit' but it was greyed out. Can anyone explain how I can sort my channels, if possible?

Another thing I find anoying. PIN number. How do I disable this? I live alone and I don't get visitors with children, so the only person who views my TV is me. I don't need to have a PIN number, espeically when I want to change certaian settings.

Your help is appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Caledonian_TV
Contributor

Having handed mine back after six weeks ( see the 450+ long page 'thread of troubles' on these sets) I can't quite remember...  It IS buried in the digital channel tuning though. The user interface ( UI) is however fiddly and awful! 

Satellite tuning is worse  as the set (probably) won't remember the tunings you want and will start adding-back channels you don't want!  Sony also supply something called 'Sony edit'

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/sony-editor/

- An application that looks amateur-written and remains painfully fiddly; but is better that the set's own UI...  By this means you can load and unload channel lists via USB.

Another option is to use the 'favourites' facility from the guide...  Slightly less painful; though it does leave the undesirable channels 'tuned in' on your set.

The PIN thing?  - Can't recall being asked for it after I'd installed the set. - Is there a privacy or security icon in the settings menu?