Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X9305C firmware

casper501
Explorer

KD-55X9305C firmware

I just got a new sony KD-55X9305C at the weekend.When i got it home and setup it connected to my internet and done a firmware update..Now i have lost youview and other things..Is there any way of getting it back please..

Thankyou

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Is the description in this link relevent to you?

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2076776#M38119

Cheers

casper501
Explorer

Just check my router and yep it was setup for get netflix on my lg tv from the usa..So i guess my tv has updated to the wrong firmware now...Is there any way of getting it back to uk yet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, there is currently no way back yet.  Only hope is that the next uk firmware has a higher version number.  

casper501
Explorer

So now i have got a tv thats not smart anymore it has lost all apps and the apps store is empty

I hope they bring out a firmware update soon as this is a pain...Should have stuck with my samsung better support then sony

BrianDrought

To be honest, if I was in that situation I'd just take it back to the shop, say it's buggered and get a replacement.

The fact that Sony do the updates by IP geolocation (which is *incredibly dumb*) and don't allow rollback/patch isn't really your fault. 

For example, sometimes I set up a complete VPN-VPN tunnel to a work network, which is entirely legitimate which would show me as being outside the UK.

I've actually had no real issues with my 2 week old 8509 so don't have a major beef like some people seem to, but the application of firmware like that really isn't your fault. 

casper501
Explorer

I had my network setup for my work.So i did not know my tv would updated to a wrong version..None of my other stuff has ever done it..I asked the my sony shop about it and they said it was my fault cause how my router was setup..All they can do is wait till a new firmware comes out or get a new main board...This is a joke only sony

casper501
Explorer

Do you think i should take the tv back and ask for a new one..As must things check what version your firmware is on first then say not compatible with your device

BrianDrought

I would. There's nothing wrong with using a proxy etc. It's a ludicrous choice by sony to use geolocation.

As you say, it *SHOULD* have realised you were on the UK firmware and either prevented it, or at least given you a big warning with details of what you'd lose. 

Personally I'd just play dumb, say it's not working and return it. 

casper501
Explorer

Why can't sony just release a firmware for the peoples tv's that updated to the wrong version...I can't be that hard for them to do its just the number that has to be changed so it can update for us...All we want is to be back on the uk firmware