Join now - be part of our community!

KDL43W805 - Unable to get "Home" page

Louise_UK
New

KDL43W805 - Unable to get "Home" page

Hi,

This is my 1st post so please forgive me if its not in the right forum or the question has been asked before & I've missed it.  I've searched the forum/internet but a week on I'm still stumped as to how to sort out the problem :cry:

We recently bought the Sony Bravia KDL43W805, which appeared to be working fine, however...last week, we turned on the TV & it appeared to do some updates, then closed down/turned itself off.  Since then, it appears that the TV is picking up the remote control signal but it is just not carrying out the action when the "Home" screen button is pressed.

On switching the TV back on, it only goes into the "YouView" menu.

The remote control appears to be working fine, as when the "Home" button is pressed, the light flashes on the bottom of the TV but the action isn't carried out - the screen doesn't change (all the other buttons are working as they should).

The only way we can get to the "Home" screen is to turn the TV off at the mains for several minutes. Then the initial screen displayed is then the "Home" screen. However, if we come out of that screen, we are then unable to get back to it.

We don't have anything else set up with the TV - e.g. no added speakers, no digibox etc - its just the TV, the aerial, the mains & the internet wireless connection (WPS)! Nothing has changed/been added since initial setup.

We have tried to do a factory reset but to no avail :slight_frown:

I'd be very grateful for any advice/suggestions that may help.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Louise

Welcome to the forums - you are in the right place :slight_smile:

Did you manage to get you problem of the missing Home page resolved?  Its intriged me to be honest as ive not heard of this problem.  My assumption is that you have the TV set in 'retail' mode, instead of 'home' and therefore another factory reset and choosing home may resolve it.  Just a guess though.

All else fails, try contacting Sony Support.

Cheers