Join now - be part of our community!

List issues/solutions - Android Sony TV 2015 series

profile.country.GB.title
manuelsal

List issues/solutions - Android Sony TV 2015 series

I will try to keep this as up to date as i can, please post your problem below, and I will add it to the list.
If you find a solution or work-around please tell me.
Please always report your firmware version and your TV model.

TV Stability issues

Ref30.png TV95.png FW40.png Issue Solution
ST1KD-49X8307C2645The TV freezes and doesn't respond to the remote commandsW/A: I noticed that using the TV Side View it works again, try to go to the guide
ST2KD-49X8309C2645TV does not come out of standby after FW updatePerform an Hard Reset

TV Guide issues

TG1KD-49X8307C2645TV Guide doen't support Page UP/Down 
TG1KD-49X8307C2645Edited programme list, is changed automatically for example adding back hidden channels. The issue is affecting all 3 three ways you can use to edit the channel list. 

YouView issues

YV1KD-49X8307C2645Enabling YouView, the Sat tv's TV Guide doen't work (Ref. SI1)W/A: You cannot use YouView if you want to watch Sat TV

Sat related issues

SI1KD-49X8307C2645Unable to access TV Guide (Standard) when YouView is enabled (Ref. YV1)W/A: You cannot use YouView unfortunately

Other issues

F1AllAllNo recording functionality available 
F2AllAllNo pause functionality available 
F3AllAllNo amazon music support 
F4AllAllImpossible to rate video content in Amazon Video 
F5AllAllDisabling all the Home screen suggestions, the top area of the menú will display an annoying and useless placeholder 
F6AllAllMy TV has been updated with the wrong firmware (From EU/US)Disable any DNS Geo Proxy or VPN service, download your firmaware from the Sony website and try to install it. If you can't or contact Sony.
See here for more information.

Q&A

- What is TV SideView?
Is a Sony app for android and iOS devices that allow you to remotely control your TV, it simulates also a pointer style input device and has an embedded TV Guide

- How do I perform a TV Reset?
 1) Factory/Storage reset Deletes all your settings, customisations and apps
   > Go to Menu -> Settings -> Storage & Reset
   > Select the option Factory data reset
   > Select the option Erase everything
 2) Power reset Restart the TV without loosing any data
   > Press and hold the power button on the remote until the "Power off" message appears/ is displayed (approx. 5 seconds)
   > Release the Power button when "Power off" message appears on-screen
   > The TV will then turn itself off. Wait for a minute before turning it on again

- How do I customise the channel list?
There are at least 3 ways to update the channel list, below an explenation for each one.
 1) YouView TV Guide - You have to enable the YouView to use this. (Note also this procedure is affeceted by Ref. TG2)
   a > Go to the TV Guide
   b > Push the yellow button on your remote to edit channels
   c > Press the OK button to Hide/Show channels (PIN will be required)
 2) PC SonyEditor tool - The software is available here (Note also this procedure is affeceted by Ref. TG2)
   a> Plug an USB storage device in your TV
   a > Go to Menu -> Settings -> Channel setup -> Digital Setup -> Technical setup
   c > Select the option Programme list transfer (If this option is disabled make sure that a USB storage device is connected and if so restart the TV)
   d > Choose export to save the channel list in the USB drive
   e > On your PC open the tool and Open the file from the USB drive, when done save
   f > Follow the steps from a> to c> and select import. The TV will restart automatically
 3) TV Settings - The system allow you to edit the channel list in a very ugly way (Note also this procedure is affeceted by Ref. TG2)
   a > Go to Menu -> Settings -> Channel setup -> Digital Setup -> Digital tuning
   b > Select the option Programme List Edit
   c > Scroll the list with UP and DOWN, OK button to delete a channel (Ask confirmation), LEFT and RIGHT to move the channel (Move the channel in the right column and back on the left in the desired position)

- Can I use DNS Geo Proxy or VPN service?
Not when you are updating the TV firwmare. Disable the Automatic update and make sure that before running a manual update you disable any service or revert any configuration that may fake your geo location. When the update is completed you can anable everything again, but leave the automatic update turnet off. (Ref. F6)

- Can I connect a Sony PlayStation 3 remote?
No, only the remote designed for the PlayStation 4 are supported.

Ref: Is an ID you can use as a reference when you ask a question or you post a comment
FR: Indicates the Firmware number. (A firmware is a specific software installed inside the TV do drive the hardware)
Note: This post in work in progress

Post with official list of bugs: check here, this is mantained by quinnicus
Bug report survey: Use this link to report your bugs: Official bug survey (DE/EN)
Last Update: 18/12/2015 - 16:20

Unhappy owner of a KD-49X8307C
5 REPLIES 5
scoopy6

Re. Sony Android KD-49X8309c

(In settings, Eco Power Saving = 'low')

Problem:

After the 10.12.2015 softwatre update, followed by a mains-off reset and a day off, the Tv would not come out of standby.

Solution:

another hard reset.

49X8309C in uk

KD-49X8307C

1. YouView is worse than the standard Program Guide - I can't delete.

2. It can take up to 20 seconds for the television to acknowledge a Remote Control Key press.

3. It took me 2.34 minutes to change a channel on Digital TV.

I've switched off, out it back on again, full reboot, followed the guide, googled everything 10 times.

I  don't ecpect this from a £100 TV let alone one 8 x that figure.

It's going back.

Annoyed

P.

profile.country.GB.title
manuelsal

Hi, you have my same TV, and because by default it updates it self automatically, I'd say that you may be running also on my same firmware. In my TV when I tried the YouView it was very responsive. It is annoying but if you want to use YouView and is not responsive, try in this order. - check the updates - do a power reset - try YV for a day or so - if you are not jet happy, do a full factory reset. - setup the TV and try it again Note, the TV from time to time looses responsiveness, but this has nothing to do with YV, I have the same problem with the basic TV guide.
Unhappy owner of a KD-49X8307C
scoopy6

Update for the Android Tv problem which is already in the list: "Guide Flashes"

Serial number 6801979

Even after the 10.12.2015 update and a mains-off reset, upon return from the Terrestrial Digital Channel Guide to watching TV, the Guide screen momentarily reappears before the normal display of the Tv is re-established.

(If a new channel has been selected in the guide, it is the previously tuned channel which is momentarily again displayed, instead of the guide).

This contributes to the variable delay in the return to watching Tv.

It does indeed seem odd that it has been said:-

1.) that this would have been cured by the last update

and also

2.) as above, that the engineers "cannot reproduce it"

However the glitch persists, and has been consistent and repeatable since we got the Tv in July!

49X8309C in uk
profile.country.GB.title
DavrobinSony
Explorer

Sound lags image - Lip Synch fail

KDL43W756C

Bravia 2015

Version 5.1.1

Build SVPDTV15_EU-user 5.1.1 LMY48E.S143 2.645 release-keys

NOT using any external sound system.

All is OK if I use HDMI feed from external satellite decoder

All is OK on internet feeds (Netflix, Youtube, iPlayer etc.)

Problem seems worse on HD channels - speech appears to be completely divorced from the image on screen.