Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8509c

profile.country.GB.title
karelia9
Explorer

KD-55X8509c

Bought this television based on its superb picture quality, not only this but it also looks good with more than adequate sound.  The TV is let down by 2 (two!!) badly designed remotes and an obsession with "Android". We have been loyal to Sony over the years because of its picture quality but I am very disappointed in every other aspect of this set. I feel as though I've bought a poor quality Android desktop computer which just happens to double up as a television. 

Fortunately I have a cloned remote that offers on/off, source and volume for the TV. For everything else we use two Humax  PVRs, one Freesat and one Freeview. The Freeview box provides a far superior, user-friendly catch-up service for all channels, together with "YouView" direct from the guide.

9 REPLIES 9
forum.line1978
Explorer

Sony 55x8505c.

(excuse me for my English)

I have a problem which concerns to strange sounds (clicks and a crash) from the TV back panel.

When I turn on the TV the first 15 minutes of any strange sounds (clicks and a crash) it isn't audible, but after 15 minutes when the TV works and within 1 hour I hear at the pressed mute button,the sound like clicks or a crash as if plastic, whether heats up or still how to call these sounds I don't know, after 1 hour of work all sounds (the crash and clicks pass).
Have you similar sounds(clicks or a crash, similar on plastic heating)?
The sounds are audible from the back party of TV.

I'll be very grateful if somebody answers.
Thanks.

EsePoppa
Explorer

I have the same model.

My private problem (haven't seen anyone else complain about it) is the optical sound.

Before the previous firmware update functionality was OK.

My soundbar is Samsung HT-E8200.

After the july update, the sound stream stops after 10 minutes.

Sony support asked me to try HDMI ARC.

No sound.

It even went worse, no optical sound at all - not even for 10 minutes.

Luckily I have enigma2 box, with 100% functional optical sound output.

Triswillmott

Just seen your post here. I have the exact same problem, switch the TV on and for the first hour it clicks from the back case around the power supply. Sounds like the case expanding while warming up but it goes on for about an hour and can be quite loud and distracting. 

Im currently in contact with Sony regarding the matter because I'm unhappy with the sound distracting from whatever I'm watching. 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem and many many more

https://community.sony.gr/t5/televisions/android-bravia-kd-55x8508c-problems/m-p/2082058#M38615

This is a similar issue with previous model BUT THIS IS NOT SOLVED

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/news-item.pl?news_id=441

I really believe that this expensive TV will be soon dead. There is no solution for this kind of problems, The only way to cool is a base with fans.

I am Very dissapointed. Every day passing by, I notice new problems.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @MiCal1967

I have forwarded your other post to Sony Support as an escalation and for investigation.  I have referencef this thread to it as well as your original one to Sony too.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
TheVoice

I would appear to have the same/similar clicking problem with my KDL-50W805C.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheVoice 

Thanks for confirming.  I have escalated this issue to Sony for investigation.  They should be in contact with you next week.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
TheVoice

Thanks, appreciate the help.

Normski75
Explorer

Hi

I too have this clicking noise, i have had the tv 2 weeks and noticed it a few time's and wondering if it is a fault.

It is not loud and only noticed it with sound off.

Also I tuned in the Sat Channels, as prefer them, i know its not a Uk freesat tv, but when i have turned the tv off and on again they are not saved and asks to search again, but the sat tuning menu is blanked out, so i have to reset the tv to tune in again?!  I have not tested this fully yet as has not happened everytime but wondering has anyone had  this going on?