Join now - be part of our community!

New YouView Update - Nov 4th 2015, Any Issues?

profile.country.GB.title
TheRookieUK

New YouView Update - Nov 4th 2015, Any Issues?

Hi.

I am siting here on my Lunch checking for Issues with the New YouView update (Nov 4th 2015) that was released today, debating on installing this tonight on my KDL-50W809c Sony 2015 TV when I get home.

I have had issues with the current Freeview guide losing the signal after 3 days and having to retune the channels in again so think that I may risk updating to see if it fixes this issue.

BUT before I do that has anyone else had any failed installs, slow performance, black screens, YouView lockups, TV bricks, Other loss of features/issues since the update?

I ask as my 3D and Digital Signal issues only happedned after the last update.

Please post the issues here. I know these are also being added to the main Pinned post but that is now upto 240+ pages.

Thanks

89 REPLIES 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

No extra issues have been reported as I can see.  This update was purely to add YouView to the TV and by all accounts the roll-out has gone rather smoothly.

I have answered your other questions in the other thread :

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/sony-kdl-50w809c-digital-tv-lost-channels-and-3d-pop-up-...

Cheers

fxfxfxfxfx

Aside from losing all ability to view/set-up Satellite channels, no problems at all. One step forward, several backwards. Top effort Sony.

bpcampbell

Hi, I have download youview and have lost all my Irish channels,

i have have done a couple of retunes and looked in the hidden channels

any ideas? I still have them on my other tv's

any ideas?

bpcampbell

Hi, update from last post.

i disabled youview and retuned channels in freeview list, all Irish channels were there,

must be a problem with the " Sony youview"as I have bt youview and all Irish channels are on that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If any of those Irish channels are either via satillie or requires an internet connection, then they will not work.  YouView will only work with the available channels via Freeview (tuners DVB-T/T2)

bpcampbell

Hi, I live on the border with the Irish Republic and get the channels on freeview,

i don't need an Internet connection. As I said I have a BT youview box and get all Irish channels on it.

ecoplumb
New

hi

I have just update to youview and lost the satelite signal/listings.

Have you found a solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bpcampbell - interesting indeed.  At this stage I dont really know.  My only suggestion is to try and re-tune the channels again, and see if that works?

bpcampbell

Sorry, no solution.