Join now - be part of our community!

Unacceptable Network(DLNA) problems on Android TV

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Unacceptable Network(DLNA) problems on Android TV

Unplayable .m2ts files on DLNA network

Unacceptable 3000 files limit on network shared disks.

As I told on previous post, if Sony programmers cannot create their own software on Android based Televisions, they must change Operating System and use Linux or Windows.

Android is the worst ever.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Not a good starting point to ask for support, if you want only to complain you should talk to Sony directly...

In any case you should be aware that most of the problem on DLNA configuration are related to server rather than renderer and you forgot to mention what you are using...

What I can tell you is that Android is not doing anything for DLNA, just the basic UDP/TCP-IP support and it's up to the app to work on it. M2TS file coming from a Sony Handycam CX280 (1080p/50fps) are rendered very well via the Video app as well from Kodi. I do not know anything regarding 3000 file limits, my serviio DLNA server installed on an iMac share more than that (not video though - I do not have all those files - but for sure for pictures)

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

This is not a starting point for me.

I have already complained to Sony for many problems. Their suggestion is: patience we will fix.

DLNA or Home network disk sharing, does not work as it should with two different modem routers I have tried at home.

One TP-LINK ARCHER VR900 and one Speedport W 724V.

Had continuous communication with TP-LINK support for more than two days, excecuted all their suggestions but the final result is that Android clients have many many problems and limitations.

This does not happen to any Windows client in my house. Everything is viewable and playable with no file limits and smooth no interrupted Playback.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

What I can tell you for sure is that using serviio I can do on the TV all the thing you say you cannot. Since it is freeware you may want - just to try out by yourself - to install it on a PC and share from there your HDD. This just to avoid blaiming the TV and having the same problem with whichever other TV you may want to exchange...