Join now - be part of our community!

New YouView Update - Nov 4th 2015, Any Issues?

profile.country.GB.title
TheRookieUK

New YouView Update - Nov 4th 2015, Any Issues?

Hi.

I am siting here on my Lunch checking for Issues with the New YouView update (Nov 4th 2015) that was released today, debating on installing this tonight on my KDL-50W809c Sony 2015 TV when I get home.

I have had issues with the current Freeview guide losing the signal after 3 days and having to retune the channels in again so think that I may risk updating to see if it fixes this issue.

BUT before I do that has anyone else had any failed installs, slow performance, black screens, YouView lockups, TV bricks, Other loss of features/issues since the update?

I ask as my 3D and Digital Signal issues only happedned after the last update.

Please post the issues here. I know these are also being added to the main Pinned post but that is now upto 240+ pages.

Thanks

89 REPLIES 89
profile.country.GB.title
TheRookieUK

Hi All

Thanks for the replies.

I have updated my TC last night and so far YouView works fine with my Freeview channels.

Not fully tested it as yet but all seems ok. Hopefully it fixed the Digial Loss of Channels but time will tell.

YouView is smooth and fast.

Cheers

danielbeyzade

For all those who are struggling with the fact that YouView disables satelittle tuner, HDD recording and dual tuner, we have an active campaign running to let Sony know our frustrations and expectations for this to be resolved.

Please PM me for further information. You can also read about it in the 2015 Android TV Issues thread https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-bravia-android-tv-issues/m-p/2051323#M35500

profile.country.GB.title
market27
Explorer

Delighted at last to get Your View, however unable to get ITV playback working and no mention of ITV Soaps in ITV APP, ITV SUPPORT REFERENCE EMAIL does not connect and indicated address wrong. So up the creek without a paddle.

What our others people able to receive@

profile.country.GB.title
Visionman
Explorer

Hi all,

YouView doesn't and won't run with satellite enabled on these TV's, and thats stated in the product description. They don't have the licence to interact with a satellite platform, as such YouView is Freeview only.

anushkagraham
Explorer

Hi just upgraded my Sony TV to include the Youview feature. When I launch it, it says this feature is not available in your country.... Anyone got any ideas...?

profile.country.GB.title
Visionman
Explorer

Are you in the UK?

malcolm1962

@Visionman wrote:

Hi all,

YouView doesn't and won't run with satellite enabled on these TV's, and thats stated in the product description. They don't have the licence to interact with a satellite platform, as such YouView is Freeview onl

don't think anyone is saying it should. If you read the posts, we are complaining about the fact that enabling YouView disables the satellite tuners on the Tv. Therefore, we move from having a tv with  both terrestrial and satellite tuners to one where we have terrestrail only. When we bought our sets, Sony's specifications clearly mentioned both tuners and they were marketed with both YouView and HDD recording, with no mention that if you enable YouView you lose both these features. 

malcolm1962

@Visionman wrote:

Hi all,

YouView doesn't and won't run with satellite enabled on these TV's, and thats stated in the product description. They don't have the licence to interact with a satellite platform, as such YouView is Freeview only.

We all know that and I don't think anyone is saying it should. If you read the posts, we are complaining about the fact that enabling YouView disables the satellite tuners on the Tv. Therefore, we move from having a tv with both terrestrial and satellite tuners to one where we have terrestrial only. When we bought our sets, Sony's specifications clearly mentioned both tuners and they were marketed with both YouView and HDD recording, with no mention that if you enable YouView you lose both these features.

I had the same problem. You need to go through the initial set up which activates the license agreement with Youview. After that you can enable it. I have had no issues since.

lewtaylor88
Explorer

Hi, I downloaded the new update and now I have updated the television I can no longer receive HD channels via Freeview or via YOUVIEW. The non HD equivalent channels are there, BBC1, BBC2 etc but not BBC1 HD etc. I do however have BBC4 HD and BBC News HD. Rather strange, but I was receiving full Freeview HD channels before this new update! Is this to do with disabling the satelite tuner?

Thanks

Lewis