Join now - be part of our community!

New YouView Update - Nov 4th 2015, Any Issues?

profile.country.GB.title
TheRookieUK

New YouView Update - Nov 4th 2015, Any Issues?

Hi.

I am siting here on my Lunch checking for Issues with the New YouView update (Nov 4th 2015) that was released today, debating on installing this tonight on my KDL-50W809c Sony 2015 TV when I get home.

I have had issues with the current Freeview guide losing the signal after 3 days and having to retune the channels in again so think that I may risk updating to see if it fixes this issue.

BUT before I do that has anyone else had any failed installs, slow performance, black screens, YouView lockups, TV bricks, Other loss of features/issues since the update?

I ask as my 3D and Digital Signal issues only happedned after the last update.

Please post the issues here. I know these are also being added to the main Pinned post but that is now upto 240+ pages.

Thanks

89 REPLIES 89
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@danielbeyzade wrote:
We are running a campaign for Sony to reinstate the Satellite Tuner, HDD Recording and Twin Tuner in combination with YouView as originally promised in the marketing materials.

Hi Daniel

it is my understanding that you never had the twin tuners, nor HDD recording, even before this YouView upgrade, and that these were scheduled for on or before 24th December, though not within the YouView interface even then.

And so your only current beef, though it is a big beef and a reasonable one, is about the inability to have the satellite tuner working alongside the YouView interface, and also that enabling YouView causes all the satellite tunings to be erased.

Or is that incorrect?

FWIW, I believe that there will be twin tuner usage and HDD recording within YouView, but this will be at a later, as yet unspecified, date than 24th December.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
danielbeyzade

@royabrown That is correct. The current information is from Sony when the HDD recording and twin tuners are ready before 24th December they too will not work in combination with YouView, just like the situation now with Satelitte Tuner.

profile.country.GB.title
Pete4L

I am having problems after the youview update on my Sony KD55X8507CSU When I change the channel it is VERY slow to change & sometimes doesn't even change! In fact it froze the TV earlier & it wouldn't turn off to standby.... I had to switch it off at the wall. I've now disabled youview as it's buggy! Please fix this SONY!!!

profile.country.GB.title
TheRookieUK

Hi @malcolm1962

I really can't be bothered to coment on you saying that I am insulting your intelligence. For one I am simply offering an alternative method of using your Satellite Tuners.

EVERY Smart TV has its issues, I prefer Apple tech to any ANDROID devices yet I also realise that Google are no small fry and they will fix any issues on their Android OS far quicker than say haveing a BUSH, GOODMANS etc TV with its own Smart OS poor software.

Yes its buggy, yes I have 3D issues, Digital Signal Issues and lock ups in Android OS but thats part of having a 'SMART' TV which has other 3rd party Apps on it.

I came on this forum to look for fixes to my issues and have decided to help others with my best opinion. If this is not to your pleasing then don't read it.

Why don't you sell your TV and then buy a Samsung or LG? I am sure they will love your attiude on there as well.

Cheers :wink:

TimAuld
Explorer

Yes. This update worked fine at first but it has now killed all TV reception. I have retuned, tried different coax cables even and still I am getting no live broadcast. I can watch catch up TV though through Youview, so the problem is only with receiving live signals. I will update you if I can fix it somehow. I am about ready to throw away my TV though...

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@TimAuld wrote:

Yes. This update worked fine at first but it has now killed all TV reception. I have retuned, tried different coax cables even and still I am getting no live broadcast. I can watch catch up TV though through Youview, so the problem is only with receiving live signals. I will update you if I can fix it somehow. I am about ready to throw away my TV though...

Do you know about the reset? Hold the On/Off button on the remote down for just over six seconds (or however long it takes - I've had it need ten seconds) and let the set reboot. Cures all sorts of temporary oddities.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Visionman
Explorer

StopBrea wrote>

Secondly while trying to setup YouView and sort out the guide I keep having to enter my PIN all the time. After the second time it gets really annoying.

You can turn that off. Press Settings, scroll down to Personal> Parental lock> and then set the default/s to Off.

Actually you can't turn that off. I have done as you said (actually I'd already done it) and that stops SOME uses of the PIN. But I still have to enter it for some things, eg selecting which channels do/don't appear in the YouView guide 

Interesting, mine isn't pin locked at all. Did you change the settings of or enable pin locking for any features or services on your TV Brea?

Kodi5778
Explorer

This had given me a real headache. I updated to youview and it was great then i find my satellite and favourites disabled. First I thought a bad update was the cause, so I  did a reset  to default and started again. same issue. then i redid the same for the third time but did not enable youview. sat features worked fine, I then activated youview and the satellite and favourite features were disabled , My wife was not happy as  she wants to watch her Foreign channels ( it took me  aged to convince her that there is no need for extra sat box with Sony what a joke!!!). Honestly a software should not be rushed if not working fully or at least give us a warning that satellite and favourites would be disabled if you view is added. no good at all.

Kodi5778
Explorer

It seems to me the tester failed to do satiny check. ?How can you not see that sat feature on TV is disabled after youview update, How about favourite 1,2,3,4????????? All gone so basically the Sat tuner is now useless

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Kodi5778 wrote:

It seems to me the tester failed to do satiny check. ?How can you not see that sat feature on TV is disabled after youview update, How about favourite 1,2,3,4????????? All gone so basically the Sat tuner is now useless

Home/Settings/Channel settings/YouView settings/Disable YouView.

Recreate your satellite stuff, and don't re-enable YouView until (unless?) this issue is reported fixed.