Join now - be part of our community!

New YouView Update - Nov 4th 2015, Any Issues?

profile.country.GB.title
TheRookieUK

New YouView Update - Nov 4th 2015, Any Issues?

Hi.

I am siting here on my Lunch checking for Issues with the New YouView update (Nov 4th 2015) that was released today, debating on installing this tonight on my KDL-50W809c Sony 2015 TV when I get home.

I have had issues with the current Freeview guide losing the signal after 3 days and having to retune the channels in again so think that I may risk updating to see if it fixes this issue.

BUT before I do that has anyone else had any failed installs, slow performance, black screens, YouView lockups, TV bricks, Other loss of features/issues since the update?

I ask as my 3D and Digital Signal issues only happedned after the last update.

Please post the issues here. I know these are also being added to the main Pinned post but that is now upto 240+ pages.

Thanks

89 REPLIES 89
profile.country.GB.title
Visionman
Explorer

"It seems to me the tester failed to do satiny check. ?How can you not see that sat feature on TV is disabled after youview update, How about favourite 1,2,3,4????????? All gone so basically the Sat tuner is now useless"

The YouView UI is superb and the interface and content access slick and quick. A game changer. However I think its clear now if one is a satellite user they should not install it as its freeview only. If any early adoptors feel duped by this, they should either seek financial redress or an exchange for another model.

I have exactly the same problem.

I own a kd43x8309c and its been a nightmare since the update.

TV is very unresponsive and has crashed every single day since the update was installed.

The TV is only 8 days old and I was very happy with it until the update.

Sony get this sorted!

profile.country.GB.title
Penpal1999

YouView has disabled Satellite functionality. Does anyone know if Sony are trying to fix this problem? Or how I can disable YouView? Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Pete4L

@Penpal1999 Press the "Home" button on the remote & scroll down to Settings/ setup Channel/ YouView and action 'Disable YouView'.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/youview-de-crippler-a-fix-yay/m-p/2053353#M35726

HAPPY BUNNY. R£TURNED MY USELESS SONY ANDROID TV UNDER CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT 2015. R£SULT=R£FUND!
RMBScotland
Explorer

I have been reading this thread with interest as i was quite keen on the 2015 Sony Bravia, until now !

Rather than enabling Youview, is it possible to download the separate catch up apps (Iplayer etc) and avoid Youview until it is fixed? Does this retain the option of using a satelite?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@RMBScotland wrote:

I have been reading this thread with interest as i was quite keen on the 2015 Sony Bravia, until now !

Rather than enabling Youview, is it possible to download the separate catch up apps (Iplayer etc) and avoid Youview until it is fixed? Does this retain the option of using a satelite?

The four catchup apps will appear in your apps list, even when you are outside YouView, as satellite users currently need to be.

The BBC iPlayer and Demand 5 will work standalone there, but the ITV Player and All4 require YouView and will 'helpfully' offer to enable it for you. Satellite users should decline this kind offer, and tiptoe away. Or run.....

If Sony are unable to resolve the satellite conflict reasonably quickly, they perhaps need to be pressured to provide the missing Players outside of YouView. 

Be aware though, assuming that that 'Scotland' is your geographical location, that even within YouView, there is no STV Player, and the ITV Player seems to know what region you are in, and will serve you only a cutdown selection of catchup material.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking

I've just checked and can confirm that, having crippled my brand new Bravia with sony's Youview update and having then done a full factory reset to get rid of the darn thing, all is now fine.  In answer to the specific question about Chanel 4, 5 and ITV players, the apps are all still there and working fine  I still go nowhere near the install Youview? icon! 

PA

HAPPY BUNNY. R£TURNED MY USELESS SONY ANDROID TV UNDER CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT 2015. R£SULT=R£FUND!
profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

Not sure this is related to YouView, but twice now whilst using YouView guide, the interface got slow and unresponsive, sometimes taking a few seconds to move up or down a channel. I cannot at this point power cycle the TV using the standby button. But I can restart via the settings-about in the Home page. This resolves it until the next time.

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
gandawall
Explorer

My KD43X8309C has been very troublesome since the YouView update. It is unresponsive, sometimes requiring a 'power-off' to get it back working and the ITVPlayer simply doesn't work as it should and does on my PC. Furthermore the YouView functions are not as expected. In particular there is no ability to pause and scroll back live TV. I feel I have sold a pup - promise of services which are not being supplied!