Join now - be part of our community!

New YouView Update - Nov 4th 2015, Any Issues?

profile.country.GB.title
TheRookieUK

New YouView Update - Nov 4th 2015, Any Issues?

Hi.

I am siting here on my Lunch checking for Issues with the New YouView update (Nov 4th 2015) that was released today, debating on installing this tonight on my KDL-50W809c Sony 2015 TV when I get home.

I have had issues with the current Freeview guide losing the signal after 3 days and having to retune the channels in again so think that I may risk updating to see if it fixes this issue.

BUT before I do that has anyone else had any failed installs, slow performance, black screens, YouView lockups, TV bricks, Other loss of features/issues since the update?

I ask as my 3D and Digital Signal issues only happedned after the last update.

Please post the issues here. I know these are also being added to the main Pinned post but that is now upto 240+ pages.

Thanks

89 REPLIES 89
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Publiclyavailable wrote:

I've just checked and can confirm that, having crippled my brand new Bravia with sony's Youview update and having then done a full factory reset to get rid of the darn thing, all is now fine.  In answer to the specific question about Chanel 4, 5 and ITV players, the apps are all still there and working fine  I still go nowhere near the install Youview? icon! 

PA

Yes, the ITV and All4 apps are there. But are you absolutely positive you can go into either of them and actually watch something?

Because I can't. So what you are describing, if it really works, is a difference between just exiting YouView and doing a full factory reset.

And you would have two Players that weren't there before YouView came along.

So please excuse me for being sceptical, and asking you to double-check this.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Pete4L

@gandawall I am having the same problems as you SINCE the youview update... I thought that by disabling youview I'd stop the unresponsiveness... the TV sometimes just refuses to change channel or even turn off into standby... I guess the only thing to do is reset back to factory settings & ignore the last firmware update of 04/11/2015 . It's a pain because I'll have to re-enter my gmail id & apps I've added etc... 

I do think SONY need to get a patch for their last update ASAP!!...

Ah!  You were right to be sceptical.  I CAN get channel 5 player but NOT ITV or Ch 4.  Many thanks for being so observant.

PA

HAPPY BUNNY. R£TURNED MY USELESS SONY ANDROID TV UNDER CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT 2015. R£SULT=R£FUND!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Sony/YouView have issued a statement to clarify the YouView implementation and features.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/article/109739

I know that many of you will be disappointed and some of you will note the following:

"YouView on Sony BRAVIA TVs does not support recording in this first version of the service."

I asked what that ment - and got the following answer: Sony has a longterm relationship with youview and is investigating what features can be added in future 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Penpal1999

Thankyou @Pete4L, this works a treat. After I did that, I had to do a rescan on the satalite. Everything is back as I would like it (except the remote control brings up the TV guide, and not my external box, but I can live with that). 

profile.country.GB.title
market27
Explorer

I have  KD49X8305C with aerial connection. Since YOU View update and associated APPS I have not been able to find Emmerdale and Coronation Street on ITV APP and does not appear on YOUVIEW either. I can find other programmes on all of the other stations and even receive other ITV programmes.

I have contacted ITV for assistance to solve issue and am waiting on reply.

If other have same issue I would be interested in feedback or even solution.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Visionman
Explorer

I know that many of you will be disappointed and some of you will note the following:

"YouView on Sony BRAVIA TVs does not support recording in this first version of the service."

I asked what that ment - and got the following answer: Sony has a longterm relationship with youview and is investigating what features can be added in future 

Some might think that is a 'No idea' kind of answer, but it isn't. In a future updated rendition of YouView it will include recording facilities but that may be up to a year away.**

**Though it is not licenced for Satellite, at this time. Thats why when one installs YouView all Sat functions (and the EPG) are deleted.

profile.country.GB.title
Pete4L

@Penpal1999 Yep.... I had to reset the TV back to factory settings & all of the issues have gone away... It's OK for me as I have a youview box but if I were relying on it from the Sony Android TV I'd be disappointed

mdotdorothy
Explorer

How did u disable the youview as all sound gone off on external things since I updated to it

profile.country.GB.title
Pete4L

@mdotdorothy The easiest way to disable you view is to just press the "Home" button on your remote & go down to "settings" press the centre button with the + in it then go to "Channel setup" press the + button then go to "disable youview"  & press the + button again.... your TV will revert back to "Freeview".. any apps you installed will remain.. If you are having problems then you can  reset the TV back to factory settings by pressing the Home button then go down to settings then press + (in the centre of the remote) then on the top row go to "storage & reset" press the + & go to" Factory data reset" & press + once again. After you redo your Gmail account you'll be offered youview just DON'T accept the youview T&C's the TV will automatically install Freeview instead.

I am waiting for an update to the firmware to fix the youview problems & when it's OK to reinstall youview I'll put it up here.. This video might help you setup the TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIGyRvGkh_I