Join now - be part of our community!

New YouView Update - Nov 4th 2015, Any Issues?

profile.country.GB.title
TheRookieUK

New YouView Update - Nov 4th 2015, Any Issues?

Hi.

I am siting here on my Lunch checking for Issues with the New YouView update (Nov 4th 2015) that was released today, debating on installing this tonight on my KDL-50W809c Sony 2015 TV when I get home.

I have had issues with the current Freeview guide losing the signal after 3 days and having to retune the channels in again so think that I may risk updating to see if it fixes this issue.

BUT before I do that has anyone else had any failed installs, slow performance, black screens, YouView lockups, TV bricks, Other loss of features/issues since the update?

I ask as my 3D and Digital Signal issues only happedned after the last update.

Please post the issues here. I know these are also being added to the main Pinned post but that is now upto 240+ pages.

Thanks

89 REPLIES 89
WTF123
Explorer

I originally installed and then disabled youview as it disabled my sattelite reception.

I have since upgraded my TV aerial and would like to re-enable Youview but I can't find the option - the manual says to 

"1. Press the HOME button > scroll down to Settings > Channel Setup > YouView Setup 2. Select Enable and choose Yes"

However under Channel Setup, I see no option for Youview?

Help?

WTF123
Explorer

I've previously carried out the steps you detailed to disable youview however now I want to re-enable it but can't find the option i.e. under Settings / Channel Setup there is no Youview enable / disable option?

Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

What firmware version are you on.  It should be version: PKG2.645.0052EUA

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Macvid
Explorer

I too disabled 'YouView' for exactly the same reason as you.

However you cannot get ITV Player without it. If you do as you were advised and go to the HOME button, other items on display are ITV Player and Demand 5. Selecting either of these without 'YouView' enabled takes you to the set up process. You have to agree to the terms and conditions and then the set up process begins.

I hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
market27
Explorer

I still cannot get ITVPlayer to give me soaps on demand using You View and
constantly have to remove power plug to stop picture/ system freezing. This
is not acceptable we buy a product expecting it to deliver a quality
service.
When will Sony resolve issues or do I have to return it to shop for a
refund, I have been waiting since August expecting Sony to mend their ways
to give me what they advertised but little has changed.
WTF123
Explorer

Hi, I'm on version PKG3.169.0100.EUB

WTF123
Explorer

Hi, I don't have ITV Player installed, if I run DEmand 5 it just starts the application. It doesn't prompt me to install Youview?

I've already done a factory reset but it hasn't made any difference.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @WTF123

You are running the EU firmware, not the UK.  See the link below for the most likely cause:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2076776#M38119

Cheers

WTF123
Explorer

Cheers Quinnicus, I do use a DNS redirect service to pick up US Netflix (though this may be coming to an end).

If I disable the DNS redirect on my router, do a factory reset on my TV, apply updates, disable automatic updates and then re-enable dns-redirect on my router - do you think it will work?

Or will the UK specific firmware still not update?

I'll give it a go and see.

Thanks for your help

🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome.  Unfortunately there is no fix at the moment.  As the UK firmware version is lower than the one you have installed, it still will not update.

PS: many DNS geo unblockers have already predicted this move by Netflix and have or working on 'counter-measures' :slight_smile: