Join now - be part of our community!

PlayMemories Home Software Update to PMB

profile.country.en_GB.title
rowilli3619
Visitor

PlayMemories Home Software Update to PMB

My new NEX-5N camera came with the standard Sony PMB software which, on start-up, opened a window with a recommendation to upgrade to the new PlayMemories Home software.  Upon following the links online all was well until the page with the download http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/download/SPU/gltOCtVIEd/PMH_Upgrade1204a.exe?conditionsbox=on was not found.

My camera was connected to the PC and turned on.

Has anybody had the same problem and have you found a solution?

4 REPLIES 4
Phantomjet41
Visitor

I have uploaded some photos today using PMB version 5.2 with my Nex-3 connected. I was prompted to update to Play Memories Home Software which would replace PMB, but I too followed the Download instructions only to receive the message that the Web Page could not be found. I use Google Chrome, and was prompted as to wether or not I use Internet Explorer as my default browser, I replied no. Thinking that this may be the issue, I tried again to update PMB with Internet Explorer but received exactly the same response. Lets hope that someone at Sony reads this and replies to us both, like you I'm stuck as to what to do.

rowilli3619
Visitor

Thank you SafaV4, your answer was very helpful and I now have a fully working version of PlayMemories Home, just need to read the help guides to fid out how to use it.  The next challenge is to get the PS3 version up and running.

SafaV4
Visitor

Hi,

I can help you(s)

I just recently had the same problem.

Upgraded PMB software to its successor PlayMemories Home.

Going through the process:
1. Selecting Camera Model, my case Sony DSC-HX9V // http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/topics/landing/pmhome

2. Auto loads to product 'Downloads' page, check box (terms & conditions) then proceeded to press download //
http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/download/SPU/gltOCtVIEd/PMH_Upgrade1204a.exe?conditionsbox=on

3. Similarly like the both of you, ran into this scenario THE 404 Not Found error.

4. Quick decision thinking, just went ahead and GOOGLED part of the url: download/SPU/gltOCtVIEd/PMH_Upgrade1204a.exe

5. Found a russian site (translated with Chrome) that allowed me to get the .exe (scanned with AVG), real fine and successfully installed.

Plugged in camera afterwards and prompted to have a further small update. That lead to video importing possible again as PMB just couldn't import anymore since doing a clean install on Vista to Windows 7.

So pleased, as I'm loving the PlayMemories Home more, you can actually full screen video playing and it also imports and accepts file formats MPEG-TS (.m2ts) - They previously once stopping working when importing.

(We can at least sit back and wait for Sony to fix that 404 download link error if we wanted to, see how long they take lol)

Hope this helps ^_^

Let me know if you have any problems.

Sig.

Gamer fanatic and video maker

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited details of personal website

Gamer fanatic and video maker @ www.youtube.com/safatubev4