Join now - be part of our community!

Sony NEX 5 SD card reading issues

Sony NEX 5 SD card reading issues

Hello.

I recently used a micro SD card (64gb, with an adapter) on my Sony NEX 5 camera without properly formatting the card. Card had been used on Android tablet prior the camera. Once I turned on Sony it suggested formatting the card. I clicked ok and camera was ready to use after few seconds.

Took 58 photos and 24 videos over the weekend and then tried to transfer the photos to my Mac (os x 10.12.2 / Sierra). The (micro)SD card won't mount. Disk Utility does see the card but is not able to mount or access the data.  It says the card is FAT32 format. Finder just says ignore or eject.

I also tried with a cable between Mac and Sony and different memory card readers but no help.

On camera itself I can see/play all photos/videos.

Then tried with my old ancient PC (XP win) and results are pretty much the same. Excecpt when I tried PTP usb mode on Sony I was able to access the photos on the SD card. BUT only that folder. Still cannot access or see the videos.

When clicking th Sony camera icon it takes me straight to photos and shows no (other) folders.

So it seems there are issues with the format of the (micro)SD card. But the card itself seems to be "ok", since on Sony I can use it and also see my photos and videos.

Any good advice on how to access and rescue my few gigs of videos??

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0