Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Android TV - Blank Screen issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

2015 Android TV - Blank Screen issue

Hi all

Im creating a breakaway thread for this particular issue -away from the general chatter thread. 

In a nutshell, Sony require more information from the community in order to diagnose and ultimately find a solution.

Questions:

1. What model TV does this occur on
  2. Does it happen on certain connected devices or just viewing tv (Freeview)
  3. If so, what devices (make/model) and how is it connected to the TV.
  4. What other devices do you have connected to the TV - HDMI or ?
  5. Have you identified a pattern for when this happens or is it seemingly random

I know some of you have answered this before, so appologies - the more people that can provide information, the quicker and more likely it can be resolved.

Thanks all.

85 REPLIES 85
philjwade

Software patch - end of Feb 2016 - should not have to suffer yet another 2 months with these issues - send it back. Last patch made things worse!!

philjwade

Send it back - Sony have yet to understand these are unusable TV's and they should all be recalled. Getting yet another software update in over two month's time is not aceptable and probably will not work. Switch to another manufacturer, sit back relax and enjoy.

zest86
Explorer

totally agree that sony should recall these tvs. and take off the market until they fix the software. 

weechuan
New

Sony Bravia KD43X8309CBU

- bought this under 4 months.

- blank screen and does not start up.- wifi drops off everyday.

- sometimes images present no sound

- have to hold power button on remote to shutdown and restart before the above get fixed.

- android software updates about 4 times so far.

DO NOT BUY!!

Tarzion

This problem has started occuring to me after I updated to the latest firmware.

I didn't have issues with the previous 2645 firmware.

My model is 65X9005C.

philjwade

Send it back to your retailer. Next (un)likely fix is due end of Feb. Sent mine back before Christmas to the Sony Centre - no quibbles - my new Samsung works fautlessly.

BrianDrought

@philjwade that's interesting. I'm  contemplating returning mine to MK Sony Centre. 

Mine hasn't been too bad but only had it 2 weeks. Today though it rebooted when swapping from Home screen to HDMI input. 

philjwade

Mine went back to the MK Sony Centre - as I had already disposed of the box they actually sent me out an empty one, so once you are all packaged up you just phone them again and they will arrange for the courier to collect. Unless of course you are going there yourself! Money was refunded promptly once they had got it back - in full including the extra fee I had originally paid for express delivery. Pity the TV was not as good as the service provided by MK Sony Centre.

zest86
Explorer

Yep, we got fed up with it too, kept freezing and rebooting. we have had few sony tvs, this is the first one and really disappointing one too. as you suggested. we returned it too. now waiting for a *** too.. 

BrianDrought

Well... popped in to MK Sony Centre. Explained the issues to the first sales guy and said I'd had a random reboot in the middle of a film. He told me it was "probably applying an update". Fortunately, before my head exploded, the manager came over. Took about a minute to agree a refund and I'm taking it back on Wednesday.

Now to work out what the hell to replace it with!