Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV google cast issue

SOLVED
simeon.mcgri
Explorer

2015 Bravia Android TV google cast issue

Hi

Google cast stoped working after latest software update. I tried to power reset and storage reset,but it didn't help.

The tv is connected to router via wire.  My PC and sony z3 can't find google cast 😞

Anyone?

56 REPLIES 56
profile.country.SE.title
Eban65

After a factory reset of the TV, recomended from the Sony Support, Goggle Cast connected to my phone and everthing is working.

I hope this is not some thing needed a lot in the future.

When my TV work as it should it's fantastic!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

This issue is confirmed as resolved.  See the following support article: HERE

Screenshot:

_20151020_130510.JPG

Cheers

immatthew
Explorer

Hi, 

I'm running the latest version of Googlecast and having troubles when casting to the KDL50W80C from Apple iPhones it would seem. It has distorted lines appearing in the top 3rd of the screen when I'm casting photos from the phone, I think this is the same when trying to do so from my Macbook. Any ideas? Seems to have happened only with the latest firmware update for the TV?

Thanks.

keving82
Explorer

Bought Sony kd49x8309c today, don't know how to set up the Google cast with my iPhone. Can you help me please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can see that my Google Cast version is an old one and probalbly the reason it will not work. However I can not seem to update this in the Play Store as your advice suggests. There is simply not the option to do so in the play store menue as described.

Is there another way to update this? I am very frustraited as this was a key feature that I based my decision on to purchase this TV

immatthew
Explorer

I have the latest version of Google Cast and I'm getting issues when trying to cast via my iPhone or Macbooks. The image is distorted, it's like the communication isn't clear.

I also have a Google Chromecast which I used with an older TV which works perfectly. Confused as to how this can be resolved!

profile.country.GB.title
imranh
Explorer

I have the latest version but Googlecast isnt working for me 90% of the time. I have done a factory reset, reinstalled the cast reciever still no luck. On the odd occasion it the tv does show up on our mobiles it works great for 10 mins then disappears again. No idea whats going on.

milner993
Explorer

I also have the problem of no chromecast after the last update and I also cant access the google playstore the app doesn't load and asks me to check my internet connection. (which I do and its fine)

The internet is fully working and the internet works on the tv with netflix etc, Has anyone else had this problem after the update?

HELP IM GOING MAD

Govindrlohiya
Explorer

After installing the latest upgrade for google cast reciever on my Sony Android TV, now I am seeing a complete black screen on the TV when I cast something from my laptop.

Anybody else having the same issue?