Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @frankie1g

I fully understand where you are coming from.  I know the word 'Abuse' is not nice upon escalation of issues - but it is a catchall phrase for everything across all european lanuages.  Please do not take it that you were/are reported as such.  

I was unaware that you would even see that.  How did you get notified of it?  Was it an auto email, or did cust services reply to you, quoting the system generated 'escalation'?

Happy to discuss futher.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@markellis123 i have sent you a private message in regards to a fix for updating the firmware.  Sorry for the delay - been out all day.  Let me know how you get on.

rr9054
Explorer

I cant belive you guys have kept your TVS..........................

panasonic outlet UK are doing there  TX55cr852 for £999 which is worth the risk becuase as you see brand new or not there is no perfect Led TV out there, plus if there is anything wrong with this tv they will repair it straight away as if it was brand new.

Personally i got rid of my 8509 and got the Panny ax902, 3D passive performance is unbeliveable and the blacks are amazing and i got this for £999 and again the customer service is 5* 

I urge you to listen to me and stop mucking around with these Pathetic unrepsonsive things.

If they sack everyone at sony customer service then maybe i would look at there 2016 models

markellis123
Explorer

Thanks mate - didn't work, have replied to your PM

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

it's great that you like your Panasonic, but it's got high Input Lag for gaming.

That's why I'm keeping my Sony.

Shodney

Looking at reviews of the Panasonics the input lag is 39ms, which is the exact same as the Sonys.

I'm writing to John Lewis now to see if they'll let me swap the Sony for something else, although after 6 months I might struggle. Wish me luck!

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

It's actual more like 60m/s on the model stated :

TX-55cr852 Input Lag

Shodney

Ah I was looking at the TX55CX802B. I thought the only difference was that one was a curved panel and the other flat, but there must be something else going on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frankie1g wrote:
Unfortunately the black Friday deals for the android range are on uk hot deals.and people are saying buy buy buy.shame as the advice seems poorly informed I. Have pointed people to.the forum but I'm sure a not so merry Christmas will not be had by some Sent from my Samsung device

£499 for the KD-43X8305C is a great deal on Amazons lightning sale!

Cbrpaul01
Explorer

Hello all,

I googled my sony tv and found this forum, please  can you help

I have a Sony Android  KDL50W805CBU, its 3 weeks old , i have the follwoing issues

1.TV turns itself off

2.TV turns back on if turned off

3.Random reboots

4.Picture went into what i desribe as " cartoon view"  almost animated look, had to reboot to clear

5.Freezes on menus

Now i have just noticed i have lost all Satellite channels, im thinking Sony has now removed this with the recent software update, can some please confirn this.

I have until this Friday to return for a full refund, so please advise.

Thank you

Paul