Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

@dabasto98 wrote:

The USB video app is abysmal.

Display and graphically amateur

usability also shocking 

need a nicer cleaner look with

thumbnails in wide screen wiew

length of show i.e. 42:32

full name i.e. Better Call Saul

resolution 1280:718

we won't get it but I'm hopeful 

Yes very true. But you can get the above by just installing kodi from the play store

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

Netflix and Amazon aren't affected because the HDMI isn't a factor, it's
via WiFi/ Ethernet.

In general, it's only worth changing HDMI to enhanced if you have a
connected device that supports it (a standard sky box for instance won't
support it, but a ps4 does. The ps4 looks no different unless you have an
hdr tv though)
profile.country.GB.title
newbix

Is any one else getting google app foreclosing?

This is turning out to be just as bad as teh last update. And where is Sony support on this forum?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@newbix wrote:

This is turning out to be just as bad as teh last update. And where is Sony support on this forum?

Hi Newbix

Unfortunately this forum is not about seeking support direct from Sony - more about seeking advice and support from fellow forum community members.

Cheers

profile.country.FI.title
UtiP1005

Autouppdate done today! It taked about 15 min. Everything works fine! Much faster, especially program guide! No more flickering and sound disappearing while starting. Now this tv works like it should work!

Uti

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

And where are you from, if I may ask?

profile.country.FI.title
UtiP1005

From Finland.

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

@Quinnicus wrote:

@newbix wrote:

Hi Newbix

Unfortunately this forum is not about seeking support direct from Sony - more about seeking advice and support from fellow forum community members.

Cheers

@Anonymous  #sony

So what you are saying is that this place has been put here by sony for use to moan and to blow off steam?

I called Sony support(what a joke) and after 40 minutes I got the same old.

"I will get these complantes to a higher team"  in other words another support site in another country.

My X94 won't come on from standby now(plus other problems) so I have to reset the piece of ****.

It's taken over a year for Sony to fix bugger all. I've emailed the BBC watchdog program and my local radio shows. You want to play hardball sony? Well I can play that to  :wink:

"The Consumer Rights Act 2015 will make it far easier for groups of consumers to seek compensation from firms"

profile.country.GB.title
petersincock

Think its time to cut my losses on this TV (KDL-43W805 2015) . Seriously tempted by LG 49UH850V 3D 4K HDR

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Okay Update from me .. Iv stayed clear of this thread for just over a week to let the dust settle and observe the comments being made by other members .

Well for me scene I updated my KD-43X8307C 2015 TV to the latest 3.85 firmware and safely say TV has been working pretty well ...

I was one of the lucky ones back in Februarys update and downloaded that via USB on day one and that update was a blessing and worked petty well before Sony had to withdraw it from their site .

The February update went well very smooth and TV still had a few niggles here and their but general over all experience was good for me .

It still felt that the TV could be that much more stable and solid and that is where this new update for me has improved that experience even futher.

After just over a week of use now without any restarts or having to do another 2nd factory reset apart from doing a factory reset upon installing the new 3.85 firmware via USB that is any new firmware Mobile or TV I am a purist so a factory reset is mandatory .

TV feels very sold now hardly any lag ..Iv tried loads of apps loaded up apps installed apps via play store to get the TV to realy work and would not crash .TV now feels like it should do so for me its all good .

But here comes the but and only but I can find for me ...!! Is now and then TV will not see my external USB stick its a class 10 Samsung 32gb MicroSd with USB adaptor and I have it formatted by the TV as external storage . In order for it to see the USB again I just have to soft reset the TV and that has only been the last few days so that is a small bug that will probery be on the next software fix also seeing by other members with harddisk storage as well .. for me its not that big of a deal for now as the rest of the TV experience is great.

Also I have noticed that the picture is a bit brighter and a tad sharper as well . Netflix and all other apps work fine apart for the known exception of judder via Amazon at the moment iv spoken to Sony UK tech and they are aware of this issue this may be a fix from Amazon direct as I have been in contact with Amazon as well so joint Amazon and Sony fix at some point . I don’t really watch much from Amazon prime my main viewing is Netflix and that works perfectly .

So for a change I have been positive about the update with my TV my experience .