Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@Anonymous, @djmickey83

Other than my non separate info banner info for Now and Next programms, for most of the terrestrial and satellite channels, I also have the issue of Double Overlay info for my Favourites channels.

Reported on Quinnicus bugs and issues here:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/td-p/2040020/page/6

profile.country.GB.title
Will_cain

So it's still not clear whether it's worth the risk updating to thie latest release from Lollypop. Are the issues pages uptodate, I'm not seeing many with fixed at the side of them.

Has Sony got a list of TVs where the risk is higher or lower, Mines a Sony49x8305c.Any of you chaps out there updated OK or bricked one of these?

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
bemaniac84

I wouldn't update anything that old. Only the latest chipset won't have
mega issues. Even my 2016 xd8599 is having major issues again with the
picture splitting up into all sorts of weird see through square sections.
profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi Yep! Please checkout my update comment on this page a few hours ago.

Iv got the KD-43X8307C and works.

Like I said check out my earlier comment for more info.

Every person that seems to have a real problem with their TV on this forum seems to think that because they have that particular issue everyone else has the same problem and I'm not the only member that has stated this on this forum on many occasions ...

You are free to air your comments but that is to your TV and your circumstances does not mean everyone has the same problems or issue.

Yes their may be some issues that seem to effect a similar amount of members but remember it's ''your'' TV issues.

Otherwise create a separate thread to air a certain issue that has arisen.

So I do recommend keeping your firmware upto date at all times if you can that's a general rule of thumb 👍

Happy viewing folks!

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone
profile.country.RO.title
alineduard2001

@Marcd51 wrote:

But here comes the but and only but I can find for me ...!! Is now and then TV will not see my external USB stick its a class 10 Samsung 32gb MicroSd with USB adaptor and I have it formatted by the TV as external storage . In order for it to see the USB again I just have to soft reset the TV and that has only been the last few days so that is a small bug that will probery be on the next software fix also seeing by other members with harddisk storage as well .. for me its not that big of a deal for now as the rest of the TV experience is great.

So for a change I have been positive about the update with my TV my experience .

Same issue here after last upgrade ( manifested also in a5)!

Using a 1Tb hard drive Seagate ,formated as internal memory and it becomed unmounted 2 times.( usb 1)

First time  i have to format the tv .Nothing work in another way..,Second was ok just with restart tv..

So,no i am not at all positive and experience is BAD.This is a HUGE BUG even from android LP, and Sony do nothing about it!!

See more about this kind of issue on xda forum!!

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Unfortunately, Marshmallow is also way worse for me, see my bug list. New issues are [M] tagged. USB is very broken indeed...

profile.country.GB.title
stemars13
Explorer

Hi, I don't have this problem with KD-49X8309C in France with firmware v3.865. Everything works fine.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

Which one? Since you are crossposting.

profile.country.GB.title
Will_cain

That Old? I only bought it last year from John Lewis, I suspect it maight have been built in 2015 but it was brand spanking new>

butcher33
Explorer

Hi

has anybody found a way to make the netflix button work with the app starter for netflix?

Mine is dead after the update.