Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Just read the previous page of this thread and you will already find the solution to the sideloading issue...

profile.country.GB.title
Steventv
Explorer

Is anyone else having issues with series recordings not recording every episode?

The update seems to have fixed alot but it has broken the recording. I have to keep manually setting the recording every week where as before it worked fine. Sometimes even when it says it's going to record it will just forget to do it.

profile.country.GB.title
Siidz07
Explorer

Anyone able to change language? Is it working or showing after the update?

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

I have updated to the latest 7.0 and all is good. No complaints so far.

Now, I want to buy a soundbar for my XD8505 TV. Not sure if I can remember, but there were also some complaints about problems with conecting the soundbar and TV.

So, my question is...what soundbar would be OK for my TV?

Something reasonably priced, say 500 Euros max. and with no problems with conecting it to my TV.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
mikesimm9

I bought a Bose Solo 5 soundbar which I have found surprisingly good. Less than £200. Try to get a listen 

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

Thank you for your answer, looks preety good and reasonably priced.

So connecting it is no problem I presume. And I forgot to mention......I would like to mount it on the wall.

Can it be done?

profile.country.GB.title
mikesimm9

Mine is on a shelf but I’m pretty sure there are wall mounts available 

I use an optical cable but I’m sure there is a Bluetooth option. In my opinion you have to listen personally rather than go on recommendation. I’d never heard of this one but I was in John Lewis store and they suggested I try it. It was clear on speech but can handle movie soundtracks well too. 

profile.country.HR.title
dgebauer1
Explorer

I got Sony HT-CT800, no problems connecting, wall mountable and can be used with google home as speaker

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

Nice one also, bit more expensive, but definitely to be considered. But shaped as it is, I don't exactly understand how this soundbar can be mounted on the wall...

profile.country.HR.title
dgebauer1
Explorer

I don't know where you are from, but in Croatia it is about 470 euro.

You should definitely listen to any soundbar before you buy, but feature wise this one is much richer.

It connects to TV with HDMI ARC so you control volume with TV remote and can access all settings with Bravia Sync.

It also got 3 HDMI inputs so you can connect your other gear.

With Google Cast or Bluetooth (LDAC codec) you can listen to music without turning on TV and if you have Google Home you can start music playback with voice.

As for wallmounting there is picture on Sony site so you can see how it looks.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/sound-bars/ht-ct800

Everything needed for wallmounting is included in the box.

Hope this helps, if you got any questions feel free to ask.