Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
profile.country.NL.title
hija31

@bbrks011

I have LG SJ8 4.1 ch. soundbar and works fine with my Sony XD8599

In the Netherlands costs 399 €.

[link removed]

For 549 € you can get Eisa award winner + Best product 2017/18, a 5.1.2 ch. Dolby Atmos :

LG SJ9 

[link removed]

Wall brackets included on both models.

Tung.

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
znort3000
New

Hi, 

Same problem with color management in HDMI settings: no option to change it to RGB limit. I have 50w808c.

Now the movies from the HTPC looks like a 70s picture.

Thanks Sony !!

profile.country.GB.title
infinyt12
Explorer

I recommend doing it in steps e.g. 5.1 to 6.1 to 7

profile.country.GB.title
infinyt12
Explorer

The second part you were talking about came out in March of this year.

profile.country.GB.title
stevenhenry

Does anybody know if BBC IPlayer 4K HLG will work on the XD9305 or is there an update planned if not?

profile.country.GB.title
thelad86
Explorer

If you have 7.0 already it will work, if not then it won't and I'm not sure if/when there is an update due.
I'm assuming your asking for the WC in 4K? I have an HLG enabled TV, yet mine is not listed as one of the 'Chosen Ones' 
profile.country.GB.title
stevenhenry

Read the BBC announcement about the World Cup in 4k HDR and was checking it would work on the XD93 i have Android 7.0 so hopefully it will work as you say it will thanks for the reply

profile.country.GB.title
BigUglyGac

not listed at the moment, looks like we get left out of this never ending trial from the bbc again. 

profile.country.GB.title
stevenhenry

I emailed the BBC about the XD93 compatibilty for 4K HDR for the World Cup

Thank you for contacting us at BBC iPlayer Support.

We appreciate you getting in touch to enquire if your model of Sony TV will be compatible with 4K coverage of the World Cup 2018.

I have taken a look into this for you and sadly your model of TV doesn't appear to be supported.

At the minute, we can't say for certain if more devices will be added to support streaming of this content. If we are able to add more devices we will update our list, please keep an eye out here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/latest-news/live-uhd

We appreciate your interest in accessing this content on BBC iPlayer and I've included your comments onto our audience feedback report which is seen by BBC iPlayer management and product development teams.

Thank you again for contacting us.

So unless Sony release an update it looks like HD only

profile.country.GB.title
BigUglyGac

had a reply on twitter and got the same responce from the bbc, still waiting for sony to get back after their first responce of saying they will look in to it.