Join now - be part of our community!

ARC not working again after update - KD-55x8509C

j1mgg1980
Explorer

ARC not working again after update - KD-55x8509C

ARC is not working, this has happened before, and I believe it stops after the TV has done a update, the latest being to marshmallow.

I have tried turning on the amp(LGSR906) first then waiting a few minutes, then turning on the tv, with no luck

Checked that speakers are set to audio system

Now done a full reset, data aswell, still no luck.

Last time it just seemed to start working again by a miracle, but i am getting seriously fed up with it as we mainly use the apps on the tv, or have sky hd plugged into the amp(currently disconnected). We have nothing else plugged directly into the tv, just the amp on hdmi4(arc).

If this cant get fixed i will seriously have to return the tv, even though when it works it seems amazing.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

At this moment, I can only advise you to go through the following:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/2141941

Also, what is listed when you go into the Bravia Sync Device List?  Is "audio system" listed?

HOME > Settings > External Inputs > Bravia Sync Settings > Bravia Sync device list

(not the clearest of pics, but you get the idea)

DSCN1114.JPG

Cheers

j1mgg1980
Explorer

Thanks for the reply

It says no hdmi or mhl devices found. Please check the connections

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so it seems a HDMI connection issue. 

Try this:

1. Turn TV OFF completely from the wall
  2. Unplug the HDMI cable (HDMI4 - ARC)
  3. Turn TV completely on and leave on for a couple of minutes
  4. Turn TV completely back off again
  5. Plug HDMI cable back in
  6. Turn TV back on again.

And then when booting up, say please please please please.  :innocent:

Cheers

j1mgg1980
Explorer

Thanks for your help.

I took it completely apart, took everything out of the units, and removed the cables from the devices to the faceplates, and the faceplates, and luckily enough had some spare cable behind the wall and pulled enough out either side to cinnect one cable from TV direct to amp, and this solves the issue straight away. Choose audio system, and the message at the bottom came straight up saying audio system activated.

My guessing the LAP hdmi faceplate from screwfix was the issues. I have just left it connected as is, because you can't see behind the unit, and you can't see behind the wall mounted TV.

Weird it would work once up and running, but then an update would knock it off, guessing because a quick press of the off button doesnt really turn it off, where as a update does a proper reboot. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool - I am glad you have figured it out :slight_smile: