Join now - be part of our community!

Audio socket and the 49X8309C TV

SOLVED
hmaisey
Explorer

Audio socket and the 49X8309C TV

When I connect headphones to the audio socket of the TV it cancels the audio from the TV itself. I dont want that.

My issue is that I normally have the volume at around 20 while my wife who is partially deaf needs it at 60+.  I wanted the headphones for her so she can adjust her own volume while i listen to the TV.

However i cant get headphones *and* the TV to provide audio simultaneously.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try turning it OFF.  I may have got my OFFs and ONs the wrong way round :question:

Cheers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In the Sound Settings of the TV, you need to switch ON "Headphone Speaker Link".  This option will be available once the headphones have been connected.

Cheers

hmaisey
Explorer

Thank you for the info. However I have checked (several times!) and the "headphone speaker link" is not an option I can find.

What I have found is that if I use the digital link with a sound bar then that does allow separate headphone usage. However that isnt really a permanent solution for me at least.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Please check again, the option is there.  See Photo below:

Android TV - Sound Settings.JPG

Cheers

hmaisey
Explorer

Those menu items are apparently nothing like mine. What I can see under Sound is the following (apologies for awful picrture!).IMG_0764.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for the photo, as it tells me that you are pressing the "Action Menu" button on the remote control :slight_smile:

Please follow these instructions:

1. Connect the headphones to the headphone socket of the TV
  2. Press the HOME button on the remote control
  3. Scroll down to the botton and highlight "Settings"
  4. Press [OK] on the remote control
  5. On the top row, scroll across to "Sound" and press [OK] on the remote control (4th icon on the right)
  6. Scroll down to "Headphone speaker link" and press [OK]
  7. Choose the option of "ON" and press [OK]
  8. Go back to TV by presssing the "TV" button on the remote control
  9. Done

Cheers

hmaisey
Explorer

Ah. My error. I found the other menu first. (Why have 2 menus with Sound settings?).

I followed the instructions and do get the screen you indicate - except the "Headphone speaker link" is already set to "ON" 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try turning it OFF.  I may have got my OFFs and ONs the wrong way round :question:

Cheers

hmaisey
Explorer

Perfect thank you. I should have read the description of the ON/OFF.