Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia 43xf8096bu will not tune Freeview HD channels any more

TonySpath
New

Bravia 43xf8096bu will not tune Freeview HD channels any more

I came back from a month away to find my TV had evidently had some software change done to it. I am now unable to tune any HD channels that were there before (BBC1,2,4 ITV, Ch4, Ch5). It only has SD channels. The HD channels are on the mux from the Aerial - I know because I have a Sony Bravia in another room that still picks up those channels from the same aerial. I have tried retuning, retuning with the aerial unplugged, removing the aerial before all the channels are loaded on a retune, powered down, crash powered down mid retune - all to try and reset what I suspect is the existing and seemingly un-rewritable memory buffer containing the SD only channels. I am reluctant to try a factory reset as I have a complicated setup and it will take me an hour or so to put all the settings back again. What do you suggest? 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Have you tried a soft reset (Power Reset)? If this does not help then a Data Reset would be the other alternative.

It might be worth getting in touch with the Sony Support team here who will be best to advise further.

Best wishes,

Sean