Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KD55XD8599BU Audio out to Hamilton Mercury Audio System

lucky_sagi103
Explorer

Bravia KD55XD8599BU Audio out to Hamilton Mercury Audio System

Hi All,

Sony supporter since '92, however new to the forum, apologies if I am posting in the wrong thread.

I bought Bravia KD55XD8599BU in Jan-2017 and have just moved home, where I have ceiling fitted audio speakers and attached via a Hamilton Mercury Audio System. Now, there is a wall socket next to my TV and I connected the same through phonos cable (Phono RCA to 3.5mm) and my phone is playing music to those speakers.

Going by the same logic, i bought another pair of Phonos cable this time 'Twin Phono Male to Twin Phono Male' from wall socket to TV Audio out.Now, I am only getting a static sound from ceiling speakers but no sound and I have also changed the audio output from tv to speakers in settings.

Can someone please help me, what am i doing wrong. If more specific info or pics are needed or any more clarifications are required, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

AFAIK your TV does not have RCA outs for analog audio, you need the same 3.5mm-2xRCA cable and you have to use headphone/analog audio combo jack on your TV.

And external speakers should be off I think because TV will not switch to anlog by itself. Or maybe it will if you have that headphone speaker link set to on. Dunno, I'm on TOSLINK.

Under Headphone/audio out set it to audio out, fixed if you have another remote to control volume or variable if you want to use your TV remote. And that should do.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@lucky_sagi103 wrote:

Hi All,

Sony supporter since '92, however new to the forum, apologies if I am posting in the wrong thread.

I bought Bravia KD55XD8599BU in Jan-2017 and have just moved home, where I have ceiling fitted audio speakers and attached via a Hamilton Mercury Audio System. ....

I don't see where this set has phono/RCA Audio Outs. There are RCAs for Component Video In; you aren't trying to connect to these, are you?

For a phono take-off from my Sony Android TV (admittedly not your model, but much the same round the back, I think) I used a SCART to phono adaptor. 

The above advice regarding the settings still needs to be applied, though, to ensure the sound is sent out. For the Hamilton, your best bet is probably fixed audio out level, and control it from the Mercury, though I used variable for my requirement, and still controlled it from the Sony remote, which is a very handy feature.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking