Join now - be part of our community!

Sound issue with Android TV KD-65X8509CBAEP and Sony soundbar HT CT790

igorgrinayt
Explorer

Sound issue with Android TV KD-65X8509CBAEP and Sony soundbar HT CT790

I bought Android TV KD-65X8509CBAEP and Sony soundbar HT CT790.
I connected the soundbar to the TV via HDMI ARC. Everything worked well until I powered off the sandbar.
When I decided to power it on again and set the TV to use soundbar speakers, I did not get any sound...
The workaround is to restart the TV and then the sound is back...
The support guys advised me to use an optical cable instead the HDMI ARC, but it is not a good resolution... HDMI can pass higher-resolution audio, including the formats found on Blu-ray: Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio. These formats can't get transmitted across optical.
Someone has this problem and can advise what to do?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have a read through this guide and see if it helps:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/2141941

Although I think the next step is to replace the HDMI cable with another one :slight_smile:

However, if you are using HDMI-ARC, it will not pass-though HD audio via ARC.  HDMI-ARC will only pass-though the same audio as SP/DIF (Optical).  However with using a HDMI cable, you get the benefits of HDMI-CEC features.

Cheers

igorgrinayt
Explorer

Thank you for your reply!

I replaced the HDMI cable and it works better now... BUT when the TV and the sounbar off for cupple of hours (all night for example), the TV stopped recognize the soundbar as SONY soundbar... It show it like some audio devace and not as Sony soundbar HT CT790... and when I want to use the soundbar speakers there is no voice again... To resolve it I need to restart the TV... Soundbar restart not resolving the issue....