Join now - be part of our community!

Difference between Models

profile.country.GB.title
Weefergus
Explorer

Difference between Models

Does anyone know the difference(s) between Sony KD-49XD8305BU and KD-49X8305CBU.  I am trying to decide which one to buy and there's £200 difference (the former one is dearer).

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Weefergus wrote:

Does anyone know the difference(s) between Sony KD-49XD8305BU and KD-49X8305CBU.  I am trying to decide which one to buy and there's £200 difference (the former one is dearer).

Thanks.

LMGTFY:-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/tv/t/televisions?screensize=103-126-cm-41-50-in&price=900-1200&so...)

Both th the sets you are comparing show up in the four listed, the XD in the HDR sets, the other one, £50 cheaper on RRP there, the non-HDR one.

But how you get the promised compare is quite beyond me; I touched the little heart symbol on these two models, but still got a compare of about six sets, which did not contain both at once.

Maybe I don't understand how you work it though; or maybe Sony can't build a website any better than they can build Android TVs these days 😞

But you can at least get the spec of each one up separately, and take notes, or cut and paste, to do a compare between these HDR and non-HDR models.

See if there are any significant differences apart from the HDR.

Oh, and did I mention the - ah, yes, I did 🙂

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Weefergus
Explorer

Thanks for the response.  I eventually went for the more expensive one (what's new?).  Still trying to get to grips with all the functions and working out how best to raise the TV an inch or so - the Samsung soundbar I already owned covers the remote control sensor!  I'm also having a wee bit of a fight with the screen mirroring option but what else was I going to do with my day?

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Welcome to the Sony Community forums and congrats on the purchase of the new TV.  If we can be of any assistance, please dont hesitate in asking :slight_smile:

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Weefergus wrote:

Thanks for the response.  I eventually went for the more expensive one (what's new?).  Still trying to get to grips with all the functions and working out how best to raise the TV an inch or so - the Samsung soundbar I already owned covers the remote control sensor!  I'm also having a wee bit of a fight with the screen mirroring option but what else was I going to do with my day?

Thanks again.

Good choice. Gotta love that HDR, going forward. What are retinas for, if you can't get them seared? 🙂

But yes, I think it a design failing that the remote sensor is mounted so low down on all these Android sets 😞

These sets do better with a soundbase, which is a natural way to raise them high enough so the sensor can 'see' your remote over the soundbar - which of course you no longer need when you have a soundbase 🙂

Or you could buy a super slim Sony soundbar, which I think they brought out in a hurry when this problem became obvious,

i don't suppose your Sammy has an IR repeater though, like my Yamaha YSP2500? Even though the Yammy masks the sensor on the TV, it kindly takes in the IR from the TV remote, and repeats it from a blaster on the back of the 'bar, so the TV sees it. But this feature is not on by default; you have to find it, and turn it on.

Other possibilities are to use the Sony remote app on your phone, if available for it, which is wifi, so doesn't care the 'bar is in the way.

Or put the 'bar on a lower shelf, or even behind the TV. Though this can sound awful - and did, with an Orbitsound bar I briefly tried on the TV, before swapping it for the Yammy - it is fine with another Orbitsound bar we sit behind our bedroom TV.

Oh, and check that 'inch or so' - I would have needed 3" height adjustment to clear the Orbitsound, though I guess it depends on the height of the 'bar. But no way would it have looked elegant or acceptable 😞

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Weefergus
Explorer

Thanks again.  We had decided to solve the problem by putting the soundbar behind the TV and was pleasantly surprised to find that both remotes now see their respective sensons and act as they should.  I'll look and see if the Samsung soundbar has any sort of IR repeater as it's less than a year old and I don't want to buy another just now.

Still trying to get the screen mirroring to work wirelessly.  Yesterday, I finally managed to get a Windows10 laptop connected (after a factory reset on the TV) but the lag is so bad it's useless and we resorted to using a cable.  I'll try to mirror my Samsung phone today and see if that is any better.

The ironic thing is we swapped our one year old Samsung TV for this new Sony one because the screen mirroring didn't work!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have always found screen mirroring from laptops to be hit and miss to be honest. Lag is a known issue and as such is not recommended for time critical applications such as gaming etc.

I have lag when mirroring my Xperia Z4 Tablet to the TV - Casting is much better if there are supported apps available.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Weefergus
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus

I finally managed today to connect both my Samsung phone and Windows 10 laptop and there's now only a small lag on the Windows 10.  The phone has no lag.  However, I then found that the built-in apps on the TV did the job for us and so we don't really need to screen mirror!  Still, it filled another day and checked out my abiliity to control my patience and frustration levels.

P.S. It's early days and even although we've not changed any of the default settings (colour etc.) yet I think the KD-49XD8305 is a great TV.