Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43X830XC no longer connects to wi-fi after recent firmware update

deekRFC
Explorer

KD-43X830XC no longer connects to wi-fi after recent firmware update

Since the April update, my tv point blank refuses to connect to the wireless network.

The issue is with the tv, as multiple other devices in the house work perfectly.

More often than not, the television actually shows that I am connected to my chosen network.  However, when using apps such as Netflix and YouTube, I am advised to check my connection.

Going through the settings menu, I experience a mixture of connected and not connected messages.  I have tried removing and re-adding the saved network but to no avail.  Occasionally the Wi-Fi icon is displayed with an explanation or question mark.

I have tried resetting both the tv and my router but with no joy.  As mentioned previously, the firmware is up to date and I never experienced this issue prior to the recent "update."  It is also worth noting that the tv works perfectly when connected using a network cable, but this is not convenient for me given the location of the master socket in my house

2 REPLIES 2
Thejak80

It's not much of a remedy but your not alone I'm facing the exact same issue with my television exact same model as yours! sometimes it stays connected for a few minutes then bang it's dropped connection and the disconnects and reconnects start, I guess it's a case of waiting for a software update

I tried myself asking Sony through their social media channels when Android 6 was releasing for these sets and was told to "contact support" who just follow the same instructions over and over again it seems no one wants to commit to a solid release or give a sense of what's coming for these sets in order to stabilise them so for now it's Bluetooth and WiFi off until a fix is released 

deekRFC
Explorer

Customer services have been less than useless and surprise surprise, no repsonse from them here either.

The tv frequently does not output any sound or respond to the remote control when turning it on, now either.  All I can do to remedy the situation is turn it off and on at the wall.  Unfortunately this does not resolve the wifi issue.

Extremely dissapointed with the service from Sony