Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XE9005 with soundbar: volume adjustment over HDMI ARC only within limited range (max +-10)

profile.country.GB.title
ddpp80
New

KD-55XE9005 with soundbar: volume adjustment over HDMI ARC only within limited range (max +-10)

Hi,

i have a KD-55XE9005 connected with HDMI ARC cable to a soundbar Nubert nuPro XS-7500 (https://www.nubert.de/nupro-xs-7500/p3647/?category=254).

The HMDI ARC allows to adjust the soundbar volume with the original Sony remote control through TV (conencted with soundbar with HDMI ARC), but the volume adjustment is possible only within the +-10dB. The total volume adjustment range of the soundbar is -100 to 0dB..

If i change the soundbar volume with the soundbar remote control to any desired volume level, i can change the volume level from that point with the Sony remote control again only by max 20dB in only one or other direction (the direction in which the volume can be increased or decreased is alternating irregularly) .

The TV firmware is the latest (v6.6555). The HDMI cable is compatbile up to 2.0 and supports ARC and CEC.

Thanks for the support in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Looks like a compatibility issue. Did you check if there's an update for the soundbar eventually?

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
ddpp80
New

Hi,

there is no new update on the soundar available.

I've found in between that the Sony "TV volume" (here i mean the volume which is shown if i press mute on TV remote control while soundbar is used as speakers, then it shows a volume between 0 and 100) and soundbar volume get off-sync as soon as i press and hold the volume up (or down) button on TV remote. Its enough to have it press and hold for a second or two, then the "TV volume" saturates quickly to 100 (or to 0), but the soundbar volume don't change much. And from that point it is not able to increase (or decrease) the soundbar volume with TV remote furthermore, because "TV volume" already saturates.

On the other hand, if im just clicking once by once quickly the volume up (or down), then im able to set the soundbar volume in much larger range, as it does not saturate so quickly, but still not within the whole sounbar range, because the "TV volume" is usualy not exactly in sync (i.e. at exactly the same level) as the soundbar volume.

It could be set in sync manually such that i decrease the "TV volume" to minimum (0) and later the soundbar volume with soundbar remote also to minimum (-100dB). From here on i can use the whole sounbdbar volume range by clicking the volume up (or down) with TV remote, but as soon i press and hold the volume for a short time the volumes are already off-sync -> very stupid.

Kind regards