Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-65W859C

profile.country.GB.title
lasharp17
Explorer

KDL-65W859C

Hi..... I have the kdl-65w859c android tv and after the the latest software update  the home button doesn't work

so I can't access er...... well anything. I have noticed several others have a had similar problems, and noted that one member said that he did a restore to factory settings which worked for him. So my question is how to do a factory restore, and if this does't work for me are any other suggestions regarding this problem from anyone in the community. Thanx in advance for any help.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Perhaps your remote is low on batteries. So check that first please. If that is ruled-out, then try to see if you can proceed as follows: 

1. Turn your TV ON.
  2. Press the HELP button on your remote.
  3. Scroll down to the block named "Contact and Support" and press OK.
  4. Press the following sequence of keys in a rapid pace: RED > 3 > 8 > 5 > 7 > PLAY
  5. Your TV will proceed with the Factory Data Reset process automatically

Be aware that the process might take as long as 20-30 minutes and should not be interrupted in any way. After that, you will need to setup your Google and all other app accounts. Apps that you previously had downloaded will need to be downloaded and installed again. If you have personalised your audio and picture settings, you must take a note of them before you do the reset.

profile.country.GB.title
otaku_
Explorer

I have had the same issue since yesterday as well on the x83c TV.

I'd perfer not to factory reset.

the help button worked so I upgraded to the latest android N through that but this did not work.

I have unplugged all HDMI cables and USB sticks from the TV. Any ideas anyone?

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

@otaku_wrote:

I have had the same issue since yesterday as well on the x83c TV

I'd perfer not to factory reset.

the help button worked so I upgraded to the latest android N through that but this did not work.

Your description is not very clear to understand. The original poster mentiones not having access to HOME after the firmware update. From your quote it is not clear what 'did not work'.

Before trying the Factory Data Reset to resolve this issue, try to verify if performing the following will be sufficient to resolve your problem.

1. On your remote control, press the HELP button.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Configuring the TV.
  4. Select [TV].
  5. Select Jump (->) to the Setting Screen.
  6. Select Apps.
  7. Select System software update app.
  8. Select Clear Data.
profile.country.GB.title
lasharp17
Explorer

Hiya dutchice, when I said that I can't access the home screen I meant I can't access anything at all I can't get any screen and have no options for and  my network or my connected devices. At the moment from the tv I can watch freeview and nothing else!!! I can't even select which hdmi usb ports to view any other source, I use the logitech elite remote which controls most of my stuff so when I use the this remote and turn the tv on it notices that my V6 box is on and selects the relevent hdmi. I I hadn't had this I wouldn't even be able to to watch virgin tv

But thanx for a possible solution i'll go through the sequence you have posted.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

@lasharp17: My apologies. I didn’t quote @otaku_ well in my previous post. My comment about not being clear on the description was towards @otaku_. I edited my post with the correction now. 

Post back to let us know if that resolves your issue.