Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia TV with YAMAHA soundbar - no audio

dalfor
New

Sony Bravia TV with YAMAHA soundbar - no audio

Hello,

I have Sony Bravia KD55XE9005 and I bought soundbar YAMAHA YAS-306, connected via optical audio cable, tried various settings - headphones/audio out - fixed, variable, headphone and subwoofer), then digital audio out - Auto 1, Auto 2, PCM. Tried to play video files with different audio but there's no sound coming to soundbar from the tv. TV speakers works fine and soundbar too (when I play music from phone via bluetooth).

Soundbar settings are correct on TV source, volume is up, the optical cable is in correctly.

Any ideas where could be the problem or is better to return the soundbar?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
dalfor
New

So if I have waited a little bit more it wouldn't be necessary to open this thread. I just came back from a shop and bought another optical cable and it's working! There was coming light from the original one (came together with the soundbar) and it seemed it's plugged good but there wasn't the "click" sound like with the new cable now. So the problem is fixed.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Well it is either the TV, Optical Cable or the SB. There are ways to test for each of them. Like testing the TV with an AVR receiver through the same optical cable. Or test the SB with the same cable with a different TV or source device with optical out (a PC?). Friends or neighbors perhaps can be helpful to test. 

Why don’t you tell us what else do you have connected to your TV at the moment? Is the cable a new cable? When one end of the cable is hooked on the TV do you see the red light beam from the other end?