Join now - be part of our community!

KDL32W705C TV details/spec questions please

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

KDL32W705C TV details/spec questions please

has anyone got one of these TVs in UK please, KDL32W705C. I think its the W70C series at 32". Can you confirm a few things please if so, difficult from website.

1) Does it have built in WiFi? is it WiFi ac? or just N?

2) Does it have Netflix app

3) Does it have Amazon Video app

4) Does it have bluetooth, if so can you pair headphones with it direct to listen to TV?

5) Does it have iPlayer, 4OD, 5demand, ie the TV catchup services

6) Can you stream from an iPhone direct to it? just photos?

7) Is it DLNA? or is their an app? I have a NAS with Plex server on, can you do this?

😎 Will Playstation Now and/or ability to stream form PS4 work on it?

9) Can you record to USB stick?

What other apps does it have on the smart platform? any decent ones? Deezer? Spotify?

Although an Apple TV 3 will be connected, it would be easier to have smart, TV catchup apps, netflix, Amazon all built n a dnwork decent. eg on my Panasonic the Amazon video app just buffers all the time, whereas the Netflix works fine.

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Lets see if i can answer your questions

1. WiFi - Yes.  a/b/g/n  (2.5GHz/5GHz)
  2. Netflix -Yes
  3. Amazon Video - Yes
  4. Bluetooth - Yes.  But you cannot pair headphones to the tv via bluetooth.
  5. iPlayer and 5Demand - Yes.  ITVHub and All4 - No
  6. You can stream various content to the tv from an iphone using iMediaShare
  7. The TV is a dlna renderer and will connect to various DLNA Servers
  8. PS Now is available, see HERE
  9. USB HDD Recording - Yes

I dont have a list of all the apps available on the tv - suggest going to a retail store to find out

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Appreciate your reply thanks.

Great that it had Netflix and Amazon video direct apps, be really helpful that thanks.

On the USB recording does it have to be a hard drive or can it be a USB memory stick? I was hoping to just buy a memory stick, really small type and leave it plugged in. What file size are recordings roughly, what size would I need please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

For USB recording, you can use either HDD or USB.  Even though specs say minimum 32GB, i would really suggest a minimum or 64GB to be honest.  They are really cheap these days.

Not sure on filesize, but obviously HD recordings take up more space.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Great, it just says USB HDD so wasn't sure if you could use a USB flash drive. I was going to get something like this for the few recordings, as you say cheap, £15 for a 64Gb and they are tiny and hidden. Wouldn't mind knowing how big the files are though for say an hour record in HD and SD in case I need to buy a bigger one though first.

http://m.mymemory.co.uk/product?p=45848

Thanks

will24600
New

does it have a browser

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @will24600

The W705C series does indeed have a browser.  Opera Browser infact.

Cheers