Join now - be part of our community!

W75C woes

grandyle
Explorer

W75C woes

I'll spare the details, but five or so months in and my W75C is still a buggy mess. Crashes and restarts randomly, slow, laggy and generally infuriating to use. More time troubleshooting that actually watching. Sony assured me the television would be fixed with future updates. Pushing six months, they've fixed the remote issue. Progress.

I contacted support for what must be the fourth time and this time I very clearly laid out each issue I've encountered, including bugs I've found in the software that may not be apparent and have yet to be reported. Sony replied that they 'invited' me to remove the power cord and reconnect or perform a factory reset - the exact same generic response I had previously received.

Thankfully my case has been escalated, hopefully to either a fellow engineer or technician who can reassure me that these bugs have been filed and will be addressed.

Meanwhile, I've requested a refund or a replacement to something that is not Android as Sony's implementation was never ready and clearly not thoroughly tested.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry to hear that you are having all sorts of trouble.  Other than the bugs listed HERE and satelliete issues listed by @MiCal1967 HERE, what other bugs/issues are you referring to?

Cheers