Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

SOLVED
palmeri8145
Explorer

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

Hi all - thanks for all the informative information I have found on this community site.

I have recently purchased the above tv and I am using it with a (UK) BT Ultra HD package. The output of the box is 2160p50 and I have set it to 10 bit colour.

Generally speaking I am very happy with the telly but I am experiencing a bug which sounds similar to the "Screen Format: Full" issue reported on another thread.

After a period of watching TV (normally longer extended periods of say 2 hours), the picture starts to judder and the "Screen Format: Full" message flicks on and off. The only way to recover this is to switch the telly off and on again which seems to allow the telly to "resync". This problem happens *every* day when watching TV at least once.

It is not a problem with the BT box as when I switch that on and off the picture problem does not clear.

I have tried different 4K related settings on the telly / BT box but the problem still occurs. Has anyone else noticed this with the TV ?

Thanks,

Ian

279 REPLIES 279
JOEC1983
Explorer

My set up (with intermittent juddering and black screen interuptions) are:

* TV model number: KD55X8509CBU

* BT UHD box direct to HDMI 1 using the HDMI cable supplied with the BT UHD box. Have just ordered another 18gb certifies lead to see if that changes anything.

* BT box set to 10 bit UHD and firmware is up to date.

* HDMI 1 set to enhanced mode.

* TV has latest firmware installed (ver.3.509) and has been facotry reset since installing the update.

frankie1g

It's under setup and system info it auto updates the lastest firmware ends in 30 in the first lon number
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Taker316 wrote:

@Risc0n wrote:

You are wrong, while it does not fix for everyone I have zero judder. Running in enhanced mode 2160p connected directly to my TV and also did a factory reset on TV. I am pretty certain people still having issues due to either not factory resetting both, dodgy leads and bad configurations. There of course are going to be some that are not fixed but the problem in here is everyone is complaining without detailing their setups. 

There should be a sticky asking people to post their configs and if they factory reset etc without all the whinging babble that serves no purposes and does not help fix the issues.

Well, I've just had it again. Last time was Sunday. KD-65XD9305 directly connected to SKY Q Silver box. Ibra Pro Red high speed HDMI cable. I also did a factory reset after the update. I swapped the HDMI cable this morning for a brand new one just to rule out what you said. Settings are on enhanced, Sky is on 2160p 10 bit.

I have seen a lot of people with this particular cable having issues. Have you tried the default sky one, this is what I use? Have you factory reset of the TV and Sky?

Taker316
Explorer

I'll try an Akord 2160p high speed cable next. I have not reset my sky box as i do not want to lose some of the recordings. this does not explain the people who have already swapped their TVs for other brands and no longer have the judder without reseting sky boxes or swappiong cables. what model TV have you got?

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Taker316 wrote:

I'll try an Akord 2160p high speed cable next. I have not reset my sky box as i do not want to lose some of the recordings. this does not explain the people who have already swapped their TVs for other brands and no longer have the judder without reseting sky boxes or swappiong cables. what model TV have you got?

I agree it's annoying, but if it solves the issue then surely that's worth it? Much less hassle than returning to imo. Mine is a 55X8509C.

frankie1g

Why reset sky when bt still don't work and they have not had an update
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@frankie1g wrote:
Why reset sky when bt still don't work and they have not had an update

Sky use satellite whereas BT use internet delivery but I was also reset the BT box. Hardware is also different so no directly comparable. Factory reset is standard when'd troubleshooting issues that nothing else fixes.

Taker316
Explorer

@Risc0n wrote:

I agree it's annoying, but if it solves the issue then surely that's worth it? Much less hassle than returning to imo. Mine is a 55X8509C.

Does your TV have a 10 bit or 8 bit panel?

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

i went five days after update and factory resetting before judder started again (8509c) have left picture setting on 1080i until it get's sorted. it's a shame sony don't have a legal obligation to pay my extra £12 a month i pay to sky for the uhd service as at the moment it is to unstable

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Taker316 wrote:

@Risc0n wrote:

Does your TV have a 10 bit or 8 bit panel?

10 bit.