Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not working anymore after Android update

SOLVED
profile.country.IT.title
Paolo06Sony

Netflix not working anymore after Android update

After Android was been updated to 6.1004, the app Netflix is not loading contents anymore.

The Netflix version 4.0.2 and 4.0.4 is stopping at 25% when loading everything.

If I remove the updated and return to the origina 3.13 version, it works without problems.

I've already:

1) unplugged the tv

2) resetted the tv to the factory settings

3) deleted every temporary data from the app

4) ask to Netflix support service to help me

5) I can use Netflix app on my smartphone together with Chromecast connexted to the tv, succesfully.

Please, give me a solution or I need (everytime) to remove the update to run Netflix app.

Thanks.

46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous
Not applicable
profile.country.IT.title
Paolo06Sony

Previous version is 3.31 and not 3.13 :slight_smile:

Sorry

profile.country.IT.title
Paolo06Sony

This is a very sad day: the Official Sony "technical" support is asking me to change the wifi channel as a test.

Cause the App is working well using a smartphone like an hotspot in place of my standard FTTC internet connection, they suggest the issue is related to the internet provider.

SURE... if every internet connections is working fine and only Netflix app is not working, the cause of the issue is the ISP.

Why they think the issue is "transport" related and not "passenger" related when all other passengers is not having any issue travelling along the net?

😞

adkeebl
New

Since the Marshmallow update amazon and netflix have been failing every other day on my 8305c. Bought a sony because I thought they were quality - the wife is having to switch the tv off and on at the the plug multiple times a week to make it work.

Did a factory reset and it has not improved things. So disappointed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @adkeebl

There are various issues with the Amazon and Netflix apps at the moment.  Does your issue relate to any of the following on the bugs/issues list:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/td-p/2040020

If not, can you describe more on whats happening - as well as your TV model ?

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
Paolo06Sony

I've just updated the OS to the v.6.2602: the issue is still present.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

If you are with TIM Fibra and have a Sercomm router (the one standing vertical) there are issues with the online gaming. It may not be related at all, but the way I fixed it has been to put the PS4 in the Demilitarised Zone (DMZ) in the router. Basically it bypasses the firewall. You may want to try putting your television in DMZ and see if it fixes it.

The other option is to use PPPoE in the device (tv, PS4, PC or else). Not sure if it's possible to do it in Android TV. Also with that you lose access to any other devices in the LAN (Like a Plex or DLNA server for example) and you may not want that (I don't for sure). Another thing you may want to try is to disable the router firewall.

Anyway, here is how to put something in the DMZ (the PS4 in my case):

Screenshot 2017-06-04 14.05.01.png

profile.country.IT.title
Paolo06Sony

No, the device is a Technicolor one.
The firewall is disabled and the Dmz isn't existing.
I really don't understand what is the reasons: I only know the new app is not able to work with this device.

Paolo
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Unfortunately I am not subscribed to Netflix anymore, so I can't tell. You may have more luck in the Italian forum, specifying your router model, if you didn't ask there already. If it works for others with the same identical configuration then the issue must be with something in your setup. I rally have no idea, you did already what I would have done myself.

Actually, one other thing you may try is to cast the videos from your phone, but without Chrome Cast. When I tried myself it was actually launching the Netflix app in the TV and then getting stuck at the login. Which is not how it should work at all (TIM vision starts the Googlecast player in the TV and not the app, for example). If you get this same issue, you may try disabling the app Netflix, and test again with Googlecast (it should trick the OS thinking that Netflix isn't installed and thus start the Googlecast Netflix player. I suppose!). If this last one works, and it streams fine... boh. I don't know, I would contact Netflix again explaining this new situation. But at least you would have a workaround without the need to move the Chrome Cast around the house.

profile.country.IT.title
Paolo06Sony

Thanks to your suggestion, I've made another test. 

The result is very very useful.

Using my iphone and its related Netflix app, I'm able to play a movie by my TV.

I've casted the stream.

So, finally, the issue IS the Netflix/Sony application and not the netwrork. The TV is able to connect to the Netflix servers but the tv app is not able to exchange the correct information with the Netflix network.

Paolo