Join now - be part of our community!

new tv/soundbar,no sound on my dvd player with dolby s

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
jimred1
Explorer

new tv/soundbar,no sound on my dvd player with dolby s

hello

just purchased a new tv KD49X and soundbar HT-CT1 all working fine but when im playing a CD in Dolby i have no sound (its a sony blueray dvd connected to tv by a HDMI cable and the tv is connected to the soundbar by a optical cable) 

could some nice person point me to the correct setting please.

many thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, lets simplify this a little.

On the TV - Goto the Sound Settings area and change "Digital Audio Out" to PCM

And see what happens.

Edit:

If that doesnt work, try "Auto 2"

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant.

Glad its working.  Have a good Christmas yourself too :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to the model of Soundbar - can you please confirm the correct model.  Are you sure its not the HT-XT1 instead?

If it is indeed the HT-XT1, remove the optical cable completely and instead use a HDMI cable.  Connect it to the TVs HDMI-ARC port and the HDMI-OUT (TV/ARC) on the Soundbar.  I would suggest doing this whilst the TV and equipment is off.

This should then work properly.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jimred1
Explorer

Many thanks for the reply, its a HT-CTI80, I did play around a bit and found if you switch to tv speakers then the sound bar works from the DVD player in Dolby but you get a slight echo.

I also purchased a new HDMI cable just in case it was faulty but this made no difference.

It plays fine if its not Dolby S, should it work ok even though there no direct connection between the DVD and soundbar only via the TV via the digital cable?

I hope this make sense as im not verty technical.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please reply back with full model number of TV and DVD/Bluray player.  I see that the soundbar is HT-CT180.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jimred1
Explorer

thanks, its a KD49XD8088BU and the blueray is a BDP-S1500.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
jimred1
Explorer

any ideas.still cant get it to work

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The HT-CT1 doesnt exist.  There is a HT-XT1 however.

In your description, you mention connecting the soundbar via optical to the TV.  Remove the optical cable, and try plugging it in via HDMI.  Turn everything off via the power firstly however.

On the TV:

• Use the HDMI-ARC port
  • Ensure Bravia Sync is enabled
  • Ensure that Speakers is set to "Audio System"

On the Soundbar

• Use the HDMI-OUT port
  • Ensure "Control for HDMI" is ON (Default is ON anyhow)
  • Ensure that ARC is set to ON (Default is ON anyhow)

Give that ago and see if the CD will now output Audio correctly.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Quinnicus, he corrected himself above, and it's an HT-CT180.

It has analogue, Bluetooth and Optical inputs, but no HDMIs.

If the TV plays fine over the optical to the sound bar, but the BluRay player doesn't, though it plays fine over the TV speakers, then I would suspect the old Sony trick of refusing to pass on any digital sound through a non-HDCP  pathway...

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jimred1

Sorry for my post above that @royabrown rightly corrected - I guess I got distracted and didnt read the full issue+replies again.  I will have a look at your issue properly later on and get back to you.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Likewise @jimred1 can you confirm or contradict my observations about when you do and don't get sound over the soundbar?

And from the manual, or the help, for the TV, see if it says anything about what the set will and won't send over the optical connection?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking