Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with ARC connecting on KD-43x8309c and HT_ct380

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Treerat
Explorer

Problems with ARC connecting on KD-43x8309c and HT_ct380

I have just purchased the above  and set it up yesterday and all worked fine . Switched TV on today and I find that I am unable to connect TV to the sound barusing the ARC connection. It all worked fine yesterday but todayunable to connect. I can however still connect using the optical lead.

It does not find the sound bar in the Sync settings ( yesterday it did ) and I have done a hard reset of the sound bar.

ANY help will be appreciated.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you have both the optical cable and HDMI cable connected at the same time, it wont work.  Please remove optical cable.

Please have a read of this thread to see if any of it helps.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/arc-stopped-working-on-kdl-46ex503/m-p/2109952

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Treerat
Explorer

Is there anyone that can help an old man? PLEASE, sony have advised to do a hard reset back to factory settings which I have done. I have reset the sound bar but still NO ARC connection.

I will contact Sony again but is there anyone that can help me out in the meantime ?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you have both the optical cable and HDMI cable connected at the same time, it wont work.  Please remove optical cable.

Please have a read of this thread to see if any of it helps.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/arc-stopped-working-on-kdl-46ex503/m-p/2109952

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Treerat
Explorer

So many thanks for the help. The advice given seems to solve the problem. Now I have to discover WHICH device is causing the conflict .EASY!  Many many thanks.

ATOY1240
New

I have just bought a the new tv and sound bar HT-NT3 and the tv will not find the soundbar with bluetoooth.

50 mins with john Lewis technical achieved nothing

can anyone help?

ATOY1240
New

what is an optical cable

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

@ATOY1240 Easy to find using Google or another search engine. On Wiki :-

Also known generically as an "optical audio cable" or just "optical cable", its most common use is in consumer audio equipment (via a "digital optical" socket), where it carries a digital audio stream from components such as CD and DVD players, DAT recorders, computers, and modern video game consoles, to an AV receiver ..

There is more to read