Join now - be part of our community!

Register HDD on KD43X-8305C

TBagSony
Explorer

Register HDD on KD43X-8305C

I just bought a Bravia KD43X-8305C and updated to the latest firmware that should allow it to record and pause live TV.  However, to do so I first need to register the HDD that is plugged into the the USB port labelled HDD Record.  Everything on line says that settings should have an HDD Recording sub-menu, but it does not.  The TV tells me that a USB device has been attached and offers the Video replay option, so it knows it is there.  Can anyone tell me how I register (Format) the HDD I have allocated to the TV?

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you plugged it into the right USB port?  It should be labled 'HDD Rec'

Also, if you have YouView enabled, it must be disabled.

Cheers

Tomas_90

I have the same TV, only 49" and i have no Recording sub menu either. But i haven't connected a HDD yet so i was thinking it will appear when i do so but if you already did and it didn't show up then i don't know...

Recording straight to a USB flash drive would be preferred but apparently that doesn't work either?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tomas_90 wrote:

Recording straight to a USB flash drive would be preferred but apparently that doesn't work either?

Officially not supported.  But i had this one working on the KDL-43W805C:

_20160410_204815.JPG

Tomas_90

I tried using a 32 GB Sandisc USB but I could only play pictures or video from it. 

Still, it's weird that I don't even have the recording setting in the system settings either. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recording options will appear (i.e, registering a HDD) if YouView is disabled.

Tomas_90

I don't live in the UK so I don't have Youview. There's no option for that either in the settings. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry - just assumed you were from the UK.  Are you on the latest firmware?

Tomas_90

I don't have the TV at hand right now cause I'm at work, but I updated it 2 days ago (Saturday) so I would assume it's up to date. 

When I press the update wizard it says all software is up to date. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The latest version is not available via OTA, so you have to check manually if you have the latest 3.317 FW and if not download it from the support site.