Join now - be part of our community!

Register HDD on KD43X-8305C

TBagSony
Explorer

Register HDD on KD43X-8305C

I just bought a Bravia KD43X-8305C and updated to the latest firmware that should allow it to record and pause live TV.  However, to do so I first need to register the HDD that is plugged into the the USB port labelled HDD Record.  Everything on line says that settings should have an HDD Recording sub-menu, but it does not.  The TV tells me that a USB device has been attached and offers the Video replay option, so it knows it is there.  Can anyone tell me how I register (Format) the HDD I have allocated to the TV?

15 REPLIES 15
Tomas_90

But the USB recording was made possible in the 33.15 update wasn't it? Or do I still need the newest for it to work? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The firmware version of 3.315 is the UK version.  As you are not in the UK, you need the 3.317

I got this for the irish site:

http://www.sony.ie/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kd-4Kmodels-firmware-upd-v3317-eub/KD...

However, to be honest, hang fire until tomorrow...

Tomas_90

Oh I see, it's like that. You may be onto something there. 

Unfortunately I'm at work until Thursday so I can't check what version I have... But I'll definitely look into getting the new update. 

Do I just put the file on a USB and it sorts itself out? 

Tomas_90

I checked the version last weekend and it turns out i had v3.165. So that is updated to the newest 3.395 now and then i got the recording sub-menu in Settings.

I tried pairing a simple USB memory stick to the recording USB port and the TV found it and i could format it to be a HDD i guess(?). But sadly i only have a 32 GB mem, which isn't actually 32, but 29 GB. So the TV told me it couldn't record stuff on it on account of it being less than 32 GB, which i sort of knew.

But i'm hoping to buy a larger 64 GB one now and hopefully it'll work then!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Brilliant, least your getting somewhere.  Just bare in kind that Sony officially do not guarrantee USB Flash drives to actually work for HDD Recording.  See HERE

Cheers

Tomas_90

Alright guys! I got it working with just the USB flash drive!

Bought a Kingston DataTraveler 64 GB, plugged in, formatted and ready to go!

First try went a bit bad tho cause it had some "internal" collisions with recordings or something so it sort of froze the entire USB, but i put it in the computer and formatted it there and back to TV and repeated and it has worked ever since.