Join now - be part of our community!

Sony model KDL 32WD75x

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
GR8hat
Explorer

Sony model KDL 32WD75x

Device purchased a week ago from reputable dealer 

I am unable to register the purchase of this as, according to the website it does not exist.

It was advertised as having access to freeview (it does nt). In the app store there is no google play app and no apparent way of getting one loaded

Please confirm the correct procedures to correct the above and let me register the machine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Unfortunately this TV isn't an Android TV - thus it has no App Store.

If you browser through the TVs on the registration site you should be able to find your TV.

If not, it probably hasn't been sold in the UK officially.

Cheers

Peter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Unfortunately this TV isn't an Android TV - thus it has no App Store.

If you browser through the TVs on the registration site you should be able to find your TV.

If not, it probably hasn't been sold in the UK officially.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@GR8hat 

It has Freeview - any TV that can get terrestrial channels down an aerial does. It doesn’t have YouView though - only Sony Android TVs do, and none of these are below 43”.

KDL-32WD75x is a sort of generic reference - that x may vary from set to set for cosmetic differences, like bezel colour, or stand type. So you may need to look at the label on the back of your set to see what that ‘x’ transmutes into for the particular model you have.

Here’s Sony’s reference to the model where ‘x’ is 1:-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs/kdl-32wd751/manuals

This reveals it to be a 2016 model - was it sold to you as new and current?

Given that it may not be what it was sold to you as, and it certainly doesn’t do what you want it to do - since any ‘reputable dealer’ should have taken pains to clear up your Freeview/YouView/Android Store confusion - thank goodness you didn’t go to a disreputable one.

Though you may now be coming to the uneasy conclusion that you did......

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…