Join now - be part of our community!

TV Apps on my Sony KD-49XF9005

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
brsteve20

TV Apps on my Sony KD-49XF9005

Can someone please explain why I have to go through YouView for ITV and Channel 4 apps? I do not have an aerial attached as I used to have Virgin Media but have sent all the equipment back and now only interested in catch-up TV, so I cannot use YouView to tune in as I have seen elsewhere on here. Why can't they be downloaded from Play Store? Tried looking there and they are not available! This is ridiculous!! 😞

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@brsteve20 

I am reminded yet again why I love the One Connect box on my Samsung TV; it will be a hard choice next year between another of them and an LG OLED.

2020 Sony sets finally let you have the itv Hub and All4 without having to have YouView, but no-one will tell me if you still have to tune the sets with a terrestrial aerial to get them.

Your best bet then, is to get behind the TV one last time, and install a Roku Stick; this will augment its smarts not just with those two players and no need for an aerial, but with NowTV, if it is not yet on the set itself, Amazon Video, and all manner of other apps.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
brsteve20

Thank you so much for this - that sounds like a better solution than having to purchase an aerial!

Best wishes, Bruce

profile.country.GB.title
brsteve20

Thank you for your help. Another solution worth pursuing! 🙂

profile.country.GB.title
brsteve20

My TV was purchased in 2018 and the software is up to date but still none of these apps available sadly. Thanks again for your reply.