Join now - be part of our community!

TV disconnects from wifi

profile.country.GB.title
olebg01
Explorer

TV disconnects from wifi

Hi. I have a KD-55XF7596 tv and after the update to android Oreo have some issues. First to point out the power saving is OFF.

First one is that when I turn off the TV with the off button on the remote, sometimes on the next day the TV won't turn on until I disconnect the plug and then turn it on.

The second one is that sometimes when on stand by , I turn it on with the remote and it has a popup that is disconnected from the wifi and after 2-3 seconds it reconnects automatically. The problem with this issue is that when this happens I can't control the TV with Android assistant (on phone or Google home device) until I turn it on mannualy and it reconnects to the wifi.

The 2 problems started happening after the update to Oreo.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

After the update a Factory Reset is suggest... You can try...
profile.country.GB.title
Pete0001

I have kd65xf9005 and since oreo update I keep getting the wifi not connected. Never happened before I updated. Contacted sony about this they released another update but still I get the message. Never had it before the oreo update sick of contacted them about it tbh. I also have a sony tv upstairs 3rd floor from router and never have an issue.