Join now - be part of our community!

Wifi keeps disconnecting following the latest update

N11nataa
Explorer

Wifi keeps disconnecting following the latest update

Hi There,

Following the latest update a few weeks ago the WIFI on the TV(model KD-49X8005C)  keeps disconnecting.

Once I enter the log in details for 2 - 3 minutes the TV is connected to the internet and after that I get a message that it has been discconnected. 

Could you please help?

Thanks

P.s. I have done factory reset on the TV and it did not help. I have no problem with any other devices in the house using the WIFI, it is just the TV.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I know that there are some people having problems with network connectivity.  See :

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2148553#M42555

But as of yet, ive not seen or heard of a fix.  You could try changing the wifi channel in the router settings and see if it helps.   Are you able to use an ethernet cable ?

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

This is one of the issues that existed in December's firmware, solved with previous and unfortunately came back with latest April's.

• Looks like a transmition-reception low power-sensitivity.
  • Try to increase your router wireless transmition power. Set this to maximum. This is not healthy but give a try to see what happens.
  • Try to bring your router as close as possible to your TV set.
  • No Obstacles and Spacious. Clear obstacles in the way between ROUTER and TV. It’s better to locate it in a spacious place, such as near the corridors.

I cannot understand why there is a continued return of old issues.

Maybe they work on initial firmware for improvements and they do not use previous one for this purpose.