Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless connections

SOLVED
soulman-ian
Explorer

Wireless connections

probably been asked a thousand times before . But my sony bravia kd-43x8309c

doesn't find the router wireless .it used to . but not now .. have tried rebooting router and tv .

Help please .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try changing the wireless channel on the router.  If that fails, try manually adding the SSID etc and see if that works?  Can I assume you have the latest firmware installed?

Cheers

soulman-ian
Explorer

Hi not sure about latest updates ,we always ok them when it asks. will the channel change affect our 2 pcs that we are running ? also not to sure about the SSid thing ?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Is it a hidden network?

If so you must manually do the connection.

You shall need SSID(name) of your router and your password.

Also try to bring your router as close as possible to your TV set.

If router is visible after that, just try to delete(forget) previous existing connections even if you see this connected and create this again.

There is surely an issue with latest firmware. Recognition is very very slow for both wired and wireless and you must wait for a while. More than a minute. Sometimes also network connection seems not connected but it is.

A big problem is that if a previous connection is not visible this cannot be forgot(delete). Sometimes even if you manage to delete, then next reboot you will see this active again. The only way to resolve this is unfortunately a factory reset.

soulman-ian
Explorer

Hi I have done all that has been suggested to no avail ,I waited for 10 mins and there was no sign of it finding the router .   how is the factory re-set done ..step by step please . .

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66442/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ2MTk0Nj...

You will lose your settings and must do them all from the beginning ....

soulman-ian
Explorer

As we had not added anything to the TV settings the factory restore got us the wireless connection back with no problems .

thankyou .for you help and advice ,lets hope it holds up when new updates come.

soulman-ian
Explorer

oh well after switching on again today ,damn thing has failed to find the router again . The TV is a year old in july should we asked for a replacement. ???????????????? 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi soulman

I am sorry to hear this happened again.

Is your wireless network MAC Filtered?

If so try to disable MAC Filtering on router or do a factory reset for this.

Your problem could also be a firmware Update issue which exists even in new TV sets for all of us.

If you manage to replace or repair your tv set would be fine.

If not so try a simpler solution for this. A range extender, compatible with your router, that has an ethernet port available. Connect this on electric socket beside your TV and use a short ethernet cable from TV to Extender.

Another solution is to bring your router beside your Tv and connect with ethernet cable to check if problem remains the same even if wired connection is active.

Jonathan8146

If you're going to wire the tv to an extender then you're probably better off going the whole hog and using a powerlink so the whole thing is wired.