Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-WX350 flash issue: dark patch in bottom left of image

SOLVED
vlava123
Explorer

DSC-WX350 flash issue: dark patch in bottom left of image

Hi,

I bought a Sony DSC-WX350 a few weeks ago and have used it a bit, still learning, but there is one thing which doesn't look right.    I cannot say for sure if this was a problem out of the box or something has happened since (the camera has not been dropped or anything like that).   But lately whenever I take a photo with the flash on, the bottom left corner of the image has a dark spot, which is bigger the closer the camera was to the object being photographed.   I first thought it was a shadow of something due to uneven lighting in the room, but now I see it's not that.  It does not happen with the flash off.   I attach a couple of photos of a wall below, one with flash, other without.    I was using Intelligent Auto mode with Fill Flash but it also happens with 'Advanced Flash', whatever that is (haven't got round to reading the manual yet) and in Superior Auto. 

I wouldn't be so surprised if the dark patches were symmetrical around the edge of the image (because the flash is focused on the centre) but always having the dark patch in one corner does not seem right.

Basically I guess I should contact Sony Support about this, but just thought I would ask here first, if anyone has any ideas or has seen this before.  Maybe it is perfectly normal as I am not an expert. 

Thanks a lot!  

wx350darkpatch-00147.JPGwx350darkpatch-00148.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

I believe you're seeing the shadow casted by your flash of the lens. It'll be worse if you zoom in more.

The flash is positioned right (from the photographer point of view) of the lens, so the shadow is on the left.

It's not a design fault, it's the lack of room on the camera. :flushed:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

I believe you're seeing the shadow casted by your flash of the lens. It'll be worse if you zoom in more.

The flash is positioned right (from the photographer point of view) of the lens, so the shadow is on the left.

It's not a design fault, it's the lack of room on the camera. :flushed:

Thanks!  I had a feeling I was being stupid..    makes perfect sense.