Join now - be part of our community!

Advanced Logging - Spyware?

SOLVED
The_Newtype
Visitor

Advanced Logging - Spyware?

I was in the Google Play store, and noticed that this app is now listed in the "My apps and games" section. Here is the description:

"Send logs to Sony Mobile to improve support and devices. These logs contain a wide range
of personal information such as unique device IDs, your location, details regarding running
applications, and events/input leading up to a crash.

Logging is only active for a short time and automatically disabled once logging has been
completed. Logs are uploaded when connected to Wi-Fi and automatically deleted when the
upload is completed"

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonymobile.advancedlogging&hl=en

Not only did I not download this, I was never asked for permission for it to run in the background, etc. Further, it doesn't show in my app drawer or in the application list in the settings. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

It's part of the Xperia support app that, if needed, can take an advanced log to send to Sony support to identify a problem.
The advanced logging will only run when a user commands it to

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CameronT
Champion

Hi @The_Newtype,

It would appear that that this is an app that is pre-bundled with the firmware. Check under Settings > About Phone, there may be a 'Usage info' option in here that you can disable.

The_Newtype
Visitor

I appreciate the quick response. No issue if it can be disabled.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

It's part of the Xperia support app that, if needed, can take an advanced log to send to Sony support to identify a problem.
The advanced logging will only run when a user commands it to